Windows 10: I failed to disable Quick Start completely

Discus and support I failed to disable Quick Start completely in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press Shut down, my PC doesn’t shut down completely due to the Quick Start feature. I tried to disable this feature in the power options but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Heather Wolfe1, Feb 7, 2019.

1. I failed to disable Quick Start completely

When I press Shut down, my PC doesn’t shut down completely due to the Quick Start feature. I tried to disable this feature in the power options but Windows is still uses it. Can I stop this feature completely and permanently?

:)

Heather Wolfe1, Feb 7, 2019

2. Disable "Quick Access"

You may try the steps listed for
    v1607 here
    , and reverse the earlier method you used to disable Qa.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

I have disabled the feature in the power options and yet Windows continues to use the quick start feature. All I want my computer to do is shut down completely when I hit shut down. Functions such as auto-enabling my num-lock via the registry edit do not
    function properly due to the quick start feature as well performance issues.

Is there a permanent fix to disable Quick Start once and for all?!?!

***Moved from Windows 10 / Windows Settings***

Someguy12121, Feb 7, 2019
  4. I failed to disable Quick Start completely

Windows Defender quick scan fails to complete

When I try to employ a "Quick Scan" procedure in Defender, the scan progress indicator, coloured green, stops half way and does not complete.

The files scanned number continues the count as if it is doing a full scan.

My Windows 10 updates are correct as our the virus definitions etc.

Any suggestions on why the "quick" scan fails to complete?

Thanks

[Original title: Windows 10 Defender]

Tony Lawrence, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

I failed to disable Quick Start completely

1. I failed to disable Quick Start completely - Similar Threads - failed disable Quick

2. Eleminate Quick Access forever. Not disable, but get rid of it completely!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eleminate Quick Access forever. Not disable, but get rid of it completely!: I do not want to merely disable Quick Access just from File Explorer this is EASY, I want tocompletely eliminate any chance of "Quick Access" reappering in any place in Windows 10, I do not want any shortcut of this feature anywhere !!! I'vw searched all of the posts related...
  3. Backup and Restore completely fails to start

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore completely fails to start: It used to work but then something happened on my Windows 10 machine and now I can't backup at all (don't have external so I relied on this windows-7 leftover method to backup on an internal separate drive) My control panel looks like this now: Edit I can't upload an image?...
  4. Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903: Hi everyone I've got a weird problem in that my Quick Action buttons on the notification area have all suddenly become disabled and are greyed out. [ATTACH] I first noticed this yesterday following a restart of my tablet. I had been uninstalling various graphic design...
  5. How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10?: Please, note: I do not want to merely disable Quick Access just from File Explorer (this is EASY), I want to completely eliminate any chance of "Quick Access" reappering in any place in Windows 10, I do not want any shortcut of this feature anywhere !!! The problem is that...
  6. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off: I have disabled the feature in the power options and yet Windows continues to use the quick start feature. All I want my computer to do is shut down completely when I hit shut down. Functions such as auto-enabling my num-lock via the registry edit do not function properly due...
  7. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off: I have disabled the feature in the power options and yet Windows continues to use the quick start feature. All I want my computer to do is shut down completely when I hit shut down. Functions such as auto-enabling my num-lock via the registry edit do not function properly due...
  8. Is there a way to completly get rid of Quick Start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a way to completly get rid of Quick Start: So far Windows 10 is the worst OS Windows has released and one feature is annoying to all hell. Quick start seems like a good idea but it only has been causing problems. Everytime I click shut down the computer doesn't shut down. Same thing happens even after a restart. The...
  9. Disable Quick Access

Disable Quick Access: I read the following thread. Quick access in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I am looking for a faster way to do it with less steps. Does anyone have a .reg or .bat that does everything for you? Can someone make one? 35053
  10. Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?: I'm using an old laptop as a Kodi Media Center and I have it set to automatically login and boot kodi on startup and wake from sleep, so what I'm wanting to do is add all shortcuts I need to the desktop and completely disable the start menu. Not sure if this is possible, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Failed to disable start on Windows start