Windows 10: I failed to remove directory in Windows 10

Discus and support I failed to remove directory in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot delete a directory. Usual permission edits didn’t allow me to remove the content and the directory. I assigned the rights of the administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeganLynn1, Oct 14, 2018.

1. I failed to remove directory in Windows 10

I cannot delete a directory. Usual permission edits didn’t allow me to remove the content and the directory. I assigned the rights of the administrator to myself – also no effect. I see the Defender shield near the feature Delete and Rename so I think the Defender might be blocking my permission. Could you recommend a fix?

:)

MeganLynn1, Oct 14, 2018

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I failed to remove directory in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

I failed to remove directory in Windows 10

1. I failed to remove directory in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - failed remove directory

2. Details: Failed to create directory....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Details: Failed to create directory....: After windows reinstall . I wanted to download Roblox Ive tried everything , task bar and then dism clean with sfc and restart. Ive tried control panel. Everything for the past 2 days....
  3. Details: Failed to create directory....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Details: Failed to create directory....: After windows reinstall . I wanted to download Roblox Ive tried everything , task bar and then dism clean with sfc and restart. Ive tried control panel. Everything for the past 2 days....
  4. RSAT: Active Directory windows 10 . Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RSAT: Active Directory windows 10 . Install Failed: I have big problem whine install RSAT tools on my computer in windows 10 last viersen . I need help because try many times to solve this problem but no result .. النتيجة .....
  5. Windows Search directory permissions fail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search directory permissions fail: My Windows Search bar has stopped responding altogether. It doesn't open at all. I have tried the search & indexing troubleshooter, and it recognizes there's an issue with the directory permissions but fails to fix it. I researched from around the internet the possible root...
  6. Failed to create an installation directory

Failed to create an installation directory: I have downloaded windows 10 1903 update and can see that I have in settings- about , but i am getting the above message. All seems to be working ok. Do i need to do anything to resolve this? thanks ....
  7. Can I remove the old "_restore" directories in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I remove the old "_restore" directories in Windows 10?: While trying to clean up my W10 boot drive before cloning to an SSD, I found what I believe is old junk in the System Volume Information folder. Is it okay to get rid of that old "_restore" folder and files (11GB)? 117855
  8. Windows updates removing Active Directory

Windows updates removing Active Directory: Hi, I'm working with our domain - and every time that there is an update from windows 10 it's remove the dsa.msc command ( Active Directory Users and Computers ) so i need to reinstall it. I think it's connected to the "build" upgrades but i just want you to fix it so it...
  9. Windows 10 File History backup fails for every directory: "Directory is not backed up...

Windows 10 File History backup fails for every directory: "Directory is not backed up...: Appears to be problem reported as "Your data is not yet backed up" Windows 10 Home version 1803 current as of 7/11/2018. Since application of KB4284848 on 7/05/2018 File History has stopped working. It no longer backs up any directories. The Error log message is...
  10. Remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories: Hi It is possible to remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories using the installation DVD of Windows 10 or using its advanced startup options via them Command Prompt? If so, how I do this? Thanks Bye 77631

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to delete directory windows 10

2. failed to remove directory windows