Windows 10: I find it interesting how Windows 10 still plays the Windows 7 startup sound if the option...

Discus and support I find it interesting how Windows 10 still plays the Windows 7 startup sound if the option... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TreatmentForYourRash [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TreatmentForYourRash, Mar 1, 2020.

1. I find it interesting how Windows 10 still plays the Windows 7 startup sound if the option...

/u/TreatmentForYourRash, Mar 1, 2020

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Why is Windows 7 startup sound playing in Windows 10?

Hi Damian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

You may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R and type mmsys.cpl
    and hit enter.

2. Click the Sounds tab.

3. In the sound scheme drop down list select "Windows Default".

4. Check the option Play Windows Startup Sound check box.

5. Click on Apply.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 1, 2020
  4. I find it interesting how Windows 10 still plays the Windows 7 startup sound if the option...

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

I find it interesting how Windows 10 still plays the Windows 7 startup sound if the option...

1. I find it interesting how Windows 10 still plays the Windows 7 startup sound if the option... - Similar Threads - find interesting still

2. Windows 7 startup sound on my imac not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 startup sound on my imac not playing: When i start windows 7 on imac with bootcamp the startup sound does not play.and when i log in the sounds are working.i download all the drivers with bootcamp.the aero theme works, the internet works.but when i startup windows 7 on imac it dosen't play.i have windows 7 Pro...
  3. Windows 7 startup sound on my imac not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 startup sound on my imac not playing: When i start windows 7 on imac with bootcamp the startup sound does not play.and when i log in the sounds are working.i download all the drivers with bootcamp.the aero theme works, the internet works.but when i startup windows 7 on imac it dosen't play.i have windows 7 Pro...
  4. How to stop Windows 7 startup sound from playing in my Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop Windows 7 startup sound from playing in my Windows 10 PC?: For some reason, when I startup my PC with the Windows 10 OS, it instead plays the Windows 7 startup melody. Is it because I installed this OS from Windows 7 and now it is like this?...
  5. How to stop Windows 7 startup sound from playing in my Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 7 startup sound from playing in my Windows 10 PC?: For some reason, when I startup my PC with the Windows 10 OS, it instead plays the Windows 7 startup melody. Is it because I installed this OS from Windows 7 and now it is like this?...
  6. How to stop Windows 7 startup sound from playing in my Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. When i change the windows 10 startup sound effect it still plays the normal one.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i change the windows 10 startup sound effect it still plays the normal one.: I have tried many things and they still wont work, I have tried the regedit thing, checked the play windows startup sound and other stuff, ask me and i'll give more detail.Thanks in advance!...
  8. Windows 7 Startup sound plays when booting into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 7 Startup sound plays when booting into Windows 10: So I upgraded an older PC of mine that was on Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Pro and everything went smoothly. Everything has been fine and I just now rebooted the pc with my headphones in and I heard the Windows 7 Startup sound.. when it booted into 10? I don't know...
  9. Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162)

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162): Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (build 10130) in a virtual machine and I noticed that the startup sound wasn't playing. The box for "Play startup sound" is checked in the Sound control panel, and I even checked imageres.dll to see if the startup sound was still there. (it...
  10. Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?: Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that caused it to crash. Anyway, I installed Windows 7 then used the media creation tool to update to windows 10. Now, whenever...