Windows 10: i find that my user info and computer sign in are on an external drive and when i go to...

Discus and support i find that my user info and computer sign in are on an external drive and when i go to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i find a list of directorys and fumble into users directory owner...then it lists about 20 other directorys... all too familiar but no use! all those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hogpig, May 18, 2020.

1. hogpig Win User

i find that my user info and computer sign in are on an external drive and when i go to...

i find a list of directorys and fumble into users directory owner...then it lists about 20 other directorys... all too familiar but no use! all those directorys and not one listed as WINDOWS ! I FEAR THAT ALL IS LOST and now wondering if maybe a complete WIPE should be appropriate! any help on the wipe command cause all i keep getting is how to RESET! ive tried about 99 and one half % all of them!!!...SO-LONG-FOLKS !!... AND THE LOONY TUNES MUSIC PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND!!!... STAY TUNED IN FOR THE NEXT EPISODE....

:)

hogpig, May 18, 2020

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 18, 2020
  3. Computer freezes and Explorer doen't respond when I plug an external Hard drive

Hello jobkakule,

The issue is possibly caused by corrupted data or bad sectors on your external hard drive or could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried plugging your external hard drive to a different USB port? Also, check if you can access the drive by plugging it to a different computer.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to repair the bad sectors on your external hard drive. Kindly refer to the steps below:

(Let's just assume that the drive letter for your external hard drive is E. If not, please do change it to the correct drive letter)

1. Plug in your external hard drive. Click on Start, search for
    Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

2. Type in the following command below and press Enter after each command:

Chkdsk /f E:

Chkdsk /r E:

3. Reboot your computer after the scan is completed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 18, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

i find that my user info and computer sign in are on an external drive and when i go to...

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. i find that my user info and computer sign in are on an external drive and when i go to... - Similar Threads - find user info

2. I can't find my external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find my external drives: I am still running Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo computer and after the last update I can no longer find either of my external drives. One is a Western Digital 80 gb and the other is a Dell 1 tb drive. I have a lot of information stored on these two drives and would like to...
  3. I can't find my external drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my external drives: I am still running Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo computer and after the last update I can no longer find either of my external drives. One is a Western Digital 80 gb and the other is a Dell 1 tb drive. I have a lot of information stored on these two drives and would like to...
  4. I can't find my external drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot find my usb external drive when on my screen when i insert it kinly help pls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find my usb external drive when on my screen when i insert it kinly help pls: I cannot find my usb external drive when on my screen when i insert it kinly help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-find-my-usb-external-drive-when-on-my/eb23725a-ac86-4b31-a75d-5eb7ca141bc0
  6. Why I have two user info profile with same name when I signed in the user account with only...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I have two user info profile with same name when I signed in the user account with only...: Why I have two user info profile with same name when I signed in the user account with only one microsoft account? The user info is duplicated under the "Your Info". How to remove it and make it only one? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. External Drive E: Windows 10. When I go into MY PC I do not see this drive.`

External Drive E: Windows 10. When I go into MY PC I do not see this drive.`: I have an external flash drive, but cannot access it. The drives I see are D: and C: HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-e-windows-10-when-i-go-into-my-pc-i/a6f98c43-6edc-49e7-8ae1-60f69b5ae33d
  8. I cannot access info on a flash drive. Info is on H drive but I cannot find H drive

I cannot access info on a flash drive. Info is on H drive but I cannot find H drive: I have inserted flash drive. Info I need is on flash drive, H, but I cannot find H drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-info-on-a-flash-drive-info-is-on-h/d45f14ca-56bd-4c0a-ae8b-aae020d59802
  9. I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download?

I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download?: Can not find my WD external HD to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-find-my-wd-external-hard-drive-on-my/e57851c1-faa6-4f9e-93ed-a9fb49a32e67
  10. When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user.: When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user. I worked on the profile and deleted the temporary profile but it did not work. In continue to have the temporary profile. I appreciate any help. Thanks...