Windows 10: I forcefully get backed to the first stage when playing MS Teasure Hunt

Discus and support I forcefully get backed to the first stage when playing MS Teasure Hunt in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I’ve played MS Teasure Hunt for a long time and reached level 39. Unfortunately the game started to get me back to the first stage and all my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MaryMargaret3, Dec 3, 2018.

1. I forcefully get backed to the first stage when playing MS Teasure Hunt

I’ve played MS Teasure Hunt for a long time and reached level 39. Unfortunately the game started to get me back to the first stage and all my attributes disappeared though they are still credited on X-box. Please can I find my files somewhere and how to fix this issue so that the game won’t get me back again?

:)

MaryMargaret3, Dec 3, 2018

2. MS Teasure Hunt - keeps going back to stage 1 and losing all achievements

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. Are you facing similar issue with the different game?

I understand how something like this can really affect the gaming experience.

The primary reason is that sometimes the game crashes, and starts you over at Level 1 with none of your permanent items. One way to back up a game is to play it on some other computer. There is a “Local copy” on each computer where you play the game,
    and as you play a copy is saved in cloud storage. When you start a game where the local copy differs from the cloud storage copy, are prompted to pick which game to resume. Once you pick a game, it gets copied to cloud storage.

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1: Run the app troubleshooter

1. Click on Start, type in Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Windows Store Apps,
      and ‘Run the Troubleshooter’.
    Method 2: Fix problems with the apps from Microsoft store

You may refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store.

Method 3: Create new user account

You may refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Cannot Sign In To MS Treasure Hunt

Hi Hill, thanks for your question. I'm Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

I'd recommend resetting MS Treasure Hunt, which may fix whatever errors there are in the app. Here are the steps to follow:

- Click Start and type "apps & features".

- Select Apps & Features.

- Find the Treasure Hunt app in the list and select it.

- Click Advanced Options

- Click Reset.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the app, resetting the Windows Store, then installing app again. Here are the steps:

- Click Start and type "uninstall".

- Click Add or remove programs

- Find MS Treasure Hunt in the list, click it and uninstall.

- Open the command prompt by clicking Start, then typing "cmd". Right click the Command Prompt and run it as administrator.

- Type "WSreset.exe" without quotes and press Enter. This will reset the MS Store and may resolve the issue.

- If that doesn't work, you'll need to press Windows Key+X and choose Windows Powershell (Admin). Copy and paste the below:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

- Then Press Enter, and restart your computer.

Then try installing MS Treasure Hunt again. Hopefully the app will work properly now!

Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, Dec 3, 2018
  4. I forcefully get backed to the first stage when playing MS Teasure Hunt

MS Teasure Hunt - keeps going back to stage 1 and losing all achievements

Hi there,

I have enjoyed playing this game for a long time but recently; I have been constantly returned to stage one basic level. I had reached level 43 and had a load of attributes that have now all disappeared - although they still are credited on X-Box. Where
    are the game files saved? if it is to a cache then somehow this is getting flushed without my knowledge. Is there any simple way I can put a stop to this? I am running Win 10 64 and everything else works fine.

Kaypee1936, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

I forcefully get backed to the first stage when playing MS Teasure Hunt

1. I forcefully get backed to the first stage when playing MS Teasure Hunt - Similar Threads - forcefully backed stage

2. In MS Treasure Hunt I play thru L1 and enter the store, but then can't exit to L2,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In MS Treasure Hunt I play thru L1 and enter the store, but then can't exit to L2,: i'm a beginner, so I don't know all the keyboard shortcuts for games, and 1/2 the ones in the tutorial don't even do anything. Is there a key to MS shortcuts in games? I didn't even know how to use Alt+Tab, etc. although all it does is allow me to exit without closing down....
  3. In MS Treasure Hunt I play thru L1 and enter the store, but then can't exit to L2,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In MS Treasure Hunt I play thru L1 and enter the store, but then can't exit to L2,: i'm a beginner, so I don't know all the keyboard shortcuts for games, and 1/2 the ones in the tutorial don't even do anything. Is there a key to MS shortcuts in games? I didn't even know how to use Alt+Tab, etc. although all it does is allow me to exit without closing down....
  4. Is there a way to get a device first seen date in defender for endpoint advanced hunting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get a device first seen date in defender for endpoint advanced hunting: I am looking to write a daily query that gets new devices that have not previously been seen before but am struggling to find an effective way to do this, any help would be greatly appreciated...
  5. MS Treasure Hunt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Treasure Hunt: How do I at least reduce all the adverts on MS treasure hunt, it is no longer fun. the fixes on this page do not work. My treasure hunt does have the same settings. Thanks Fred *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. MS Treasure Hunt - Adverts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Treasure Hunt - Adverts: All of a sudden (last 2 days) when I open up this game, it keeps being interrupted with Adverts. What can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-treasure-hunt-adverts/a6c5168c-45c0-42dd-a0f3-967159cc47ef
  7. When I try to play Treasure Hunt, I get the subject message. This has only been appearing...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I try to play Treasure Hunt, I get the subject message. This has only been appearing...: Microsoft Treasure Hunt is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 This message is the only thing on my screen Can anyone help?...
  8. Cannot Sign In To MS Treasure Hunt

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Sign In To MS Treasure Hunt: For the last two days I cannot sign in to Treasure Hunt. I get two error messages and it shows that I am not logged in to X-Box. The first box says: Choose another item This in app purchase item is no longer available in Microsoft Treasure Hunt. [CV:JKoQM5OVokaMUncl.61.2]...
  9. MS Teasure Hunt - keeps going back to stage 1 and losing all achievements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Teasure Hunt - keeps going back to stage 1 and losing all achievements: Hi there, I have enjoyed playing this game for a long time but recently; I have been constantly returned to stage one basic level. I had reached level 43 and had a load of attributes that have now all disappeared - although they still are credited on X-Box. Where are the...
  10. Ms treasure hunt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms treasure hunt: tutorial does not help... how do you find the stairs to the next level? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/ms-treasure-hunt/d1c1cc1d-3f96-4ae1-8b67-37766fc56f8e