Windows 10: I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD

Discus and support I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So lately my laptop has been acting up. I wanted to reset it but "There was a problem... nothing was changed". So, I thought of doing a clean install,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dijitalz, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Dijitalz Win User

I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD

So lately my laptop has been acting up. I wanted to reset it but "There was a problem... nothing was changed". So, I thought of doing a clean install, that went well until I had to get into BIOS, my BIOS key wasn't working but I was able to find an alternative. Then the current obstacle is that I have a BIOS password and I can't remember it. I tried the code didn't have one I tried removing the cmos battery I was connected to a red and black wire, didn't want to mess with that I thought of the Manufacturer password I couldn't find one for Lenono or even Lenovo model 80XS.HELP ME PLEASE.

If there is another way I could reset or recover the password,but that would be great. If I can still do the clean install without BIOS, I would be happy to know how. Thank you for your time.

:)

Dijitalz, Feb 18, 2020

2. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Forgot password....

I changed my aunts password on her laptop and I forgot it.

I tried opening up a cmd sheel and tried net user, but her name doesnt show up on the network. How can I change if from the bios or something?

lollerskater69, Feb 18, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD

Forgot password....

Um, are we talking about a windows password?

Lookup a program called Active Password Changer, its a bootable cd that will remove windows passwords *Smile I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD :)

If it's a bios password, reset the bios *not so easy with some notebooks*

niko084, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD

1. I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD - Similar Threads - FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD

2. Forgot BIOS Password is there a way to recovery ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot BIOS Password is there a way to recovery ??: HI community , I forgot my BIOS password for my HP Laptop is there to recover it back ..???please Help with suggestions Thanks & Regards Bruno Joe...
  3. Forgot BIOS Password is there a way to recovery ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot BIOS Password is there a way to recovery ??: HI community , I forgot my BIOS password for my HP Laptop is there to recover it back ..???please Help with suggestions Thanks & Regards Bruno Joe...
  4. Forgot BIOS Password is there a way to recovery ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Forgot Windows 10 Bios password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Windows 10 Bios password: I forgot my harddrive password for Bios and i cant get my computer to boot, i use a Lenovo X280 with a SSD, can anyone suggest what recovery software i could use?...
  6. Forgot Windows 10 Bios password

Forgot Windows 10 Bios password: I forgot my harddrive password for Bios and i cant get my computer to boot, i use a Lenovo X280 with a SSD, can anyone suggest what recovery software i could use?...
  7. Forgot Windows 10 Bios password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Forgotted bios and Hdd password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotted bios and Hdd password: I haven’t use my computer for 4 month when I return I don’t remember the bios password and hdd it keep blocking me from entering my windows or even my bios I really need to reset it or I smash my computer already...
  9. Forgotted bios and Hdd password

Forgotted bios and Hdd password: I haven’t use my computer for 4 month when I return I don’t remember the bios password and hdd it keep blocking me from entering my windows or even my bios I really need to reset it or I smash my computer already...
  10. Forgotted bios and Hdd password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware