Windows 10: I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please?

Discus and support I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i forgot how to scan a photo to my computer! any help, please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MCSCZ, Apr 7, 2021.

1. MCSCZ Win User

I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please?

i forgot how to scan a photo to my computer! any help, please?

:)

MCSCZ, Apr 7, 2021

2. scanning photos in windows 10

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable find photos in photos on your computer after scanning, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please let us know with the following information to assist you better:

• Have you updated the scanner drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

• Is your computer up to date after upgrading?

• What is the make and model of the Scanner?

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if you are able to find the photos:

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the
      Start button.

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click
      Windows Update.

• Click on Check now to update the pending updates.

Try to install the right drivers for the scanner from the Manufacturer’s website.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Unable to scan photos and save to .jpeg format as Windows Fax and Scan has disappeared on Windows 10

Hi Janine,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about saving the photos to .jpeg format and scanning them on your device. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your compute and model of the printer you are using?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps to save the scanned copies to .jpeg format.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Windows Fax and Scan
      and select it.
    • Click on Scan from the left and click on
      New scan
      at the left top corner of the Toolbar.
    • When the "New Scan" dialog box opens, click the "Profile" drop-down list and choose "Photo."
    • Review the scanner settings. Make sure the printer/scanner is selected.
    • Click "Preview" to see what the scan would look like. Edit the scan settings if needed. For example, you can change the
      output file type (.jpeg) or move the slides to adjust the brightness and contrast.
    • Click "Scan." After the scanning is complete, click "Save As" on the toolbar and save the file under a new name.

Step 2: I suggest you to disable Windows Fax and scan features, restart the computer, enable the feature and check helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Expand Print and Document services, uncheck the option
      Windows Fax and Scanon.
    • Restart the computer and enable the feature.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2021
  4. I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please?

unable to scan to computer windows 10

Hi.

Restart the computer and the printer can restore the lost scan connection, to repair this failure I leave the following steps:

• Turn off the printer.

• Make sure that the printer power cord is connected directly to a power outlet and not through a surge protector or power strip.

• Close all running programs on the computer and turn off the computer.

• Turn on the printer.

• Turn on the equipment.

• Find the model name of your printer in Windows and then click on the name of the printer in the results list.

• If the HP Printer Assistant opens, click Scan a document or photo or Manage scan to computer, and then make sure the checkbox next to Start Scan to Computer automatically is selected when you log in to Windows.

• If HP Solution Center is opened, click Scan Settings to see the status of the scan connection, settings, and preferences.

• If the name of your printer is not in the results, go to the step to install the HP software for your printer.

• Try to scan.

MilesPruett, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please?

1. I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please? - Similar Threads - forgot scan photo

2. I forgot my pc password please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pc password please help: I forgot my pc password please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pc-password-please-help/4bceeae6-6ec1-4f42-96de-1b4b2254fc61
  3. I forgot my pc password please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my pc password please help: I forgot my pc password please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pc-password-please-help/4bceeae6-6ec1-4f42-96de-1b4b2254fc61
  4. Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?: I am downloading photos to my new laptop. Before having Windows 10, I was able to view my photos and edit them. No Problem.Now, I've put a lot of photos onto my new laptop and it's saying I have to BUY an extension just to view my photos and videos. Something that used to be...
  5. Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?

Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?: I am downloading photos to my new laptop. Before having Windows 10, I was able to view my photos and edit them. No Problem.Now, I've put a lot of photos onto my new laptop and it's saying I have to BUY an extension just to view my photos and videos. Something that used to be...
  6. PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...

PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...: I have been locked out of my desktop and I forgot the password to the desktop. I have tried creating a password reset disk from another computer but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way that I could unlock my PC without losing any of the files?...
  7. PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...: I have been locked out of my desktop and I forgot the password to the desktop. I have tried creating a password reset disk from another computer but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way that I could unlock my PC without losing any of the files?...
  8. Help with my computer please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with my computer please!: Greetings everyone. Recently I was experiencing frequent blue screen of deaths occurring on my Windows computer. Therefore to resolve this issue I decided to do a complete fresh installation of windows 10. My computer is a pre-built Acer with no graphics card and an Intel...
  9. Can’t play any files on my computer. Help please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t play any files on my computer. Help please.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JasonTheCreator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3vp0f/cant_play_any_files_on_my_computer_help_please/
  10. Any help please

Any help please: I can`t open mypresentation. I`ve got windows 7 if it helps you anyhow. Here is the errortext. “PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by job.ppt” 39182