Windows 10: I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please?

Discus and support I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i forgot how to scan a photo to my computer! any help, please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MCSCZ, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:47 AM.

1. MCSCZ Win User

I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please?

i forgot how to scan a photo to my computer! any help, please?

:)

2. scanning photos in windows 10

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable find photos in photos on your computer after scanning, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please let us know with the following information to assist you better:

• Have you updated the scanner drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

• Is your computer up to date after upgrading?

• What is the make and model of the Scanner?

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if you are able to find the photos:

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the
      Start button.

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click
      Windows Update.

• Click on Check now to update the pending updates.

Try to install the right drivers for the scanner from the Manufacturer’s website.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2021 at 11:09 AM
  3. Unable to scan photos and save to .jpeg format as Windows Fax and Scan has disappeared on Windows 10

Hi Janine,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about saving the photos to .jpeg format and scanning them on your device. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your compute and model of the printer you are using?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps to save the scanned copies to .jpeg format.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Windows Fax and Scan
      and select it.
    • Click on Scan from the left and click on
      New scan
      at the left top corner of the Toolbar.
    • When the "New Scan" dialog box opens, click the "Profile" drop-down list and choose "Photo."
    • Review the scanner settings. Make sure the printer/scanner is selected.
    • Click "Preview" to see what the scan would look like. Edit the scan settings if needed. For example, you can change the
      output file type (.jpeg) or move the slides to adjust the brightness and contrast.
    • Click "Scan." After the scanning is complete, click "Save As" on the toolbar and save the file under a new name.

Step 2: I suggest you to disable Windows Fax and scan features, restart the computer, enable the feature and check helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Expand Print and Document services, uncheck the option
      Windows Fax and Scanon.
    • Restart the computer and enable the feature.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2021 at 11:09 AM
  4. I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please?

unable to scan to computer windows 10

Hi.

Restart the computer and the printer can restore the lost scan connection, to repair this failure I leave the following steps:

• Turn off the printer.

• Make sure that the printer power cord is connected directly to a power outlet and not through a surge protector or power strip.

• Close all running programs on the computer and turn off the computer.

• Turn on the printer.

• Turn on the equipment.

• Find the model name of your printer in Windows and then click on the name of the printer in the results list.

• If the HP Printer Assistant opens, click Scan a document or photo or Manage scan to computer, and then make sure the checkbox next to Start Scan to Computer automatically is selected when you log in to Windows.

• If HP Solution Center is opened, click Scan Settings to see the status of the scan connection, settings, and preferences.

• If the name of your printer is not in the results, go to the step to install the HP software for your printer.

• Try to scan.

Thema:

I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please?

1. I forgot how to scan a photo directly to my computer. any help, please? - Similar Threads - forgot scan photo

2. Please help, my computer won’t import photos from my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help, my computer won’t import photos from my iPhone.: When I try to import the photos from my iPhone to the photos app it will import about half of the photos then I’ll get an error message which says: Something went wrong. Your files might not have been imported. I’ve tried several times with my phone completely unlocked....
  3. Problem opening my photos - help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem opening my photos - help please!: Hello Have just got a brand new Acer Aspire 3 laptop to replace my old one and am running version 1903 windows 10 as before. Have transferred all my docs, favorites etc using a memory stick and all is great except............. I have all my docs and photo folders located in...
  4. Can’t play any files on my computer. Help please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t play any files on my computer. Help please.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JasonTheCreator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3vp0f/cant_play_any_files_on_my_computer_help_please/
  5. I forgot my computer password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my computer password: I forgot my computer password. If I reset it using command prompt, with the help of a Windows 10 installation USB, will I lose any data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-computer-password/a4bd58d8-969f-4710-80af-ff8bad551579"
  6. I cant drag any of my files, help please??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant drag any of my files, help please??: So I've always dragged my files without any problems, however ever since the update, I cannot drag any of my files! Help please, I can't drag any file from folder to folder or from folder to the desktop. I tried this "method" where people left click and click escape but it...
  7. I forgot my Laptop password but I remember my pin and picture password. Please help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my Laptop password but I remember my pin and picture password. Please help.: I forgot my Laptop password but I remember my pin and picture password. Please help. * Moved from outlook.com * Original title: Password * OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  8. How to scan directly to my PC from a network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to scan directly to my PC from a network printer: Hi there My local PC and our network printer are on the same local area network. I can send documents to be printed from my PC to the printer - no problem. When I go to scan documents, the target destination is set as a shared network file server. In the print management...
  9. My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!: NOTE: as I was writing this post ANOTHER BSOD happened *Sad Hi All, I need help. My computer is basically useless now with BSOD every 5-15min constantly. And this all started after I did the dreadful Anniversary Update. In the mist of all the problems I got...
  10. Any help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any help please: I can`t open mypresentation. I`ve got windows 7 if it helps you anyhow. Here is the errortext. “PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by job.ppt” 39182