Windows 10: I forgot my admin password on window 10, only access as guest

Discus and support I forgot my admin password on window 10, only access as guest in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I forgot my admin password and only have access as a guest, what to do to gain admin priviledges... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BabacarSARR1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. I forgot my admin password on window 10, only access as guest

I forgot my admin password and only have access as a guest, what to do to gain admin priviledges

:)

BabacarSARR1, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Forgot Windows 10 password...

For future reference, there have been reports that this was patched out several weeks back. I found an alternative method doing some registry diving.
    http://winaero.com/blog/reset-windows-10-password-without-using-third-party-tools/

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

I forgot my admin password on window 10, only access as guest

Forgot Windows 10 password...

Just for future reference, you don't need ntpasswordreset to do this. You just have to boot off the Windows install media(it can even be a Win8 media). Then hit shift+f10 to get a command prompt. Use the command prompt to rename c:/windows/system32/utilman.exe to utilman.bak, then copy cmd.exe to utilman.exe. Reboot into Windows and hit the little easy of access button on the login screen. Enjoy your command prompt with admin level access. You can now use the net user command to reset your password.

This work on UEFI or legacy installs.

newtekie1, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

I forgot my admin password on window 10, only access as guest

1. I forgot my admin password on window 10, only access as guest - Similar Threads - forgot admin password

2. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  3. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  4. i forgot my admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i forgot my admin password: hello team actually i forgot my admin password.how can i reset my password without a iso file .i have my local user account password.but i dont administrator password.please help with this issue....
  5. I forgot my guest password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my guest password: Hello, help me, I was on purpose changed guest to administrator and User Default to guest. And when I want to change it back, I have to enter the guest password and I forget / Cannot Change it as before. Help me.... Sorry if my English is not good, I am Indonesian. Thanks...
  6. forgot my admin password

forgot my admin password: With no user account having administrator privileges, how do I get access to create a new administrator account? None of my users on this new Windows 10 installation have administrator privileges they're "standard" users -- this greatly hampers my ability to manage the...
  7. I forgot my admin password.

I forgot my admin password.: Hi, I have windows 10 professional installed on my Dell XPS. It has 2 users. One user is non-admin with no privileged. Another is the admin user. I have forgotten the admin user password. I do not have a disk or usb or anything to recover. I need help. We did not add...
  8. forgot admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forgot admin password: Hello everyone Can you tell me program or what i recovery password i try everything. Try from microsoft-live but dont change.When i try to click to reset password show me this feature requires removable media such as a usb flash drive Please,help :))) Thank you,everyone!!!...
  9. forgot admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...
  10. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...