Windows 10: I forgot my administrator password local password

Discus and support I forgot my administrator password local password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a way to bypass the administrator password? I didn't use a Microsoft account, it is a local password. I tried safe mode and I still can't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Creative Kitty, Mar 21, 2022.

1. I forgot my administrator password local password

Is there a way to bypass the administrator password? I didn't use a Microsoft account, it is a local password. I tried safe mode and I still can't get in. I didn't back up my files and I have word documents and power point files that I want to recover. Please let me know what can I do!

:)

Creative Kitty, Mar 21, 2022

2. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 21, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

If you kill the power three times, on the third boot a Windows 10 PC will boot to the recovery environment, showing this screen.

I forgot my administrator password local password [​IMG]

Choose Advanced Options to get to this...

Click on Troubleshoot takes you here...

Click on Advanced Options to get this...

Where you should click on Command Prompt. The command prompt will open, now you can carry on from step 2 in Option Four of @Brink's Tutorial I linked to earlier. At no point should you be asked for an account or password.

If this is not what happens for you please describe what you do see, with screenshots if possible.

4. OldMike65 Win User

I forgot my administrator password local password

forgot what the password is for your local account

What if you are using your Microsoft account Shawn, and you forgot what the password is for your local account??? Long time ago when I was just using my local account, I never had a password setup for it. Now if I try to log in to my local account, it wants me to enter a password, so right now I don't use it.

And using netplwiz to change your local password, how do I know which user account is my local account?? I am the only user on my computer, and Netplwiz shows me two times, along with a HomeGroupUser$ and guest.

I am listed under group heading in 2 ways, Homeusers and homeusers;Administrator;Users ???

user must enter a password to use this computer is turned off bty.

OldMike65, Mar 21, 2022
Thema:

I forgot my administrator password local password

1. I forgot my administrator password local password - Similar Threads - forgot administrator password

2. forgot administrative password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot administrative password: i forgot the administrative password to my old Windows 7 DELL LATUTUDE E4310. i remember the system password to it but not the admin password, is there any way i can bypass it and change it even thought i forgot it?please provide with a detailed HOW-TO if you know how to help...
  3. forgot administrative password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot administrative password: i forgot the administrative password to my old Windows 7 DELL LATUTUDE E4310. i remember the system password to it but not the admin password, is there any way i can bypass it and change it even thought i forgot it?please provide with a detailed HOW-TO if you know how to help...
  4. Forgot Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Administrator Password: I've got a HP Pavilion computer, which is about 11 years old. It runs Windows 8.1. My problem is I forgot my administrator password. How can I reset the password....
  5. Forgot Administrator Password

Forgot Administrator Password: I've got a HP Pavilion computer, which is about 11 years old. It runs Windows 8.1. My problem is I forgot my administrator password. How can I reset the password....
  6. I forgot my administrator password local password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my administrator password local password: Is there a way to bypass the administrator password? I didn't use a Microsoft account, it is a local password. I tried safe mode and I still can't get in. I didn't back up my files and I have word documents and power point files that I want to recover. Please let me know what...
  7. I forgot my administrator password local password

I forgot my administrator password local password: Is there a way to bypass the administrator password? I didn't use a Microsoft account, it is a local password. I tried safe mode and I still can't get in. I didn't back up my files and I have word documents and power point files that I want to recover. Please let me know what...
  8. FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD: Hi , My laptop started acting weird and failed to recognise my fingerprint. I have forgot my PIN or maybe the one i entered is correct . I happen to remember my password but my laptop says it's incorrect. I managed to log into another local account on the same PC which...
  9. forgot local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot local password: i forget a password to login in my desktop how i reset to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-local-password/9221376a-7013-42b7-81a2-8f59a705e311
  10. Forgot local password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot local password: Hi! I forgot my password I put in after turning on the pc. if I log into my Microsoft account on my phone the pc shows up. are these two accounts linked so I can reset the pc password?...