Windows 10: I forgot my bios password- How I can reset it?

Discus and support I forgot my bios password- How I can reset it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi as the title says I have forgotten my bios password. I have been trying to reset it for several days but without effects. I have tried bios-pw.org... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolf85, May 8, 2020.

1. wolf85 Win User

I forgot my bios password- How I can reset it?

Hi as the title says I have forgotten my bios password. I have been trying to reset it for several days but without effects.
    I have tried bios-pw.org but it gives me the wrong pass when I put my unlock code. I wrote to Acer support they want $100 for reset....Is there any tool/option to reset it for free? I got an Acer Aspire A515-51G Windows 10.

With thanks
    Wolf

:)

wolf85, May 8, 2020
  2. niko084 Win User

Forgot password....

Um, are we talking about a windows password?

Lookup a program called Active Password Changer, its a bootable cd that will remove windows passwords *Smile I forgot my bios password- How I can reset it? :)

If it's a bios password, reset the bios *not so easy with some notebooks*

niko084, May 8, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 8, 2020
  4. kysg Win User

Forgot password....

No can't be changed, unless you can access the admin account in safemode.

you can also try ERD commander.

but that is in the case if the password is for OS

if its a bios password you would have to try to reset the bios by using a jumper.
    Or getting a master password from the manufacturer

kysg, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. I forgot my bios password- How I can reset it? - Similar Threads - forgot bios password

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  5. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  6. How do I recover or reset my log in if I forgot it and “I forgot my password” is not an option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover or reset my log in if I forgot it and “I forgot my password” is not an option: I forgot my pin and my key for my windows but it’s not letting me login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-or-reset-my-log-in-if-i-forgot-it/c14b7ec3-279d-45f9-8ee4-ddf002010867
  7. I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I FORGOT BIOS PASSWORD: So lately my laptop has been acting up. I wanted to reset it but "There was a problem... nothing was changed". So, I thought of doing a clean install, that went well until I had to get into BIOS, my BIOS key wasn't working but I was able to find an alternative. Then the...
  8. forgot my Windows 10 install password. how can I reset it?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgot my Windows 10 install password. how can I reset it?: Cannot remember my Windows password. Can log in to msn and Windows user profile but have been asked for my "windows password" to restore my computer on add new device to my msn account and those previously mentioned passwords don't work. Can the Windows password be reset...
  9. Who to reset the password...? . I forgot my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Who to reset the password...? . I forgot my password: Help me for rest my laptop password.. I can't enter in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-to-reset-the-password-i-forgot-my-password/ddb1ad77-eaeb-4ece-af7b-05b38defa2a5
  10. i forgot my desktop password how can i reset it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i forgot my desktop password how can i reset it?: actually, I set my password very long back, and I have been using pin-type security now I could not remember my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-forgot-my-desktop-password-how-can-i-reset-it/cb30eb89-fe23-47ef-9b04-d2560eb5edc2"