Windows 10: I forgot my local account password. I accidentally remove my fingerprint in the sign-in...

Discus and support I forgot my local account password. I accidentally remove my fingerprint in the sign-in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm afraid I can't open my account after I shut down my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kyla Joane Juaneza, Jan 17, 2023.

1. I forgot my local account password. I accidentally remove my fingerprint in the sign-in...

I'm afraid I can't open my account after I shut down my computer

:)

Kyla Joane Juaneza, Jan 17, 2023

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Jan 17, 2023
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 17, 2023
  4. I forgot my local account password. I accidentally remove my fingerprint in the sign-in...

Forgot Local account password

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as you do not remember the local account password, we will help you with this issue.

Kindly let us know if you have Microsoft account on your computer.

If so, I suggest you to log-in with the Microsoft account and change the password for the local account.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key, type Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Then click on Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click
      Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap Accounts, and then click Sign-in options.
    • Tap Change your password and follow the instructions.

For reference: Passwords in Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

I forgot my local account password. I accidentally remove my fingerprint in the sign-in...

1. I forgot my local account password. I accidentally remove my fingerprint in the sign-in... - Similar Threads - forgot local account

2. I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account: how to reset my PIN on my local account to sign into Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-to-sign-in-with-a-local-account/477e93f7-7c7f-48d9-ab87-7de6fbe5f296
  3. I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account: how to reset my PIN on my local account to sign into Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-to-sign-in-with-a-local-account/477e93f7-7c7f-48d9-ab87-7de6fbe5f296
  4. I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I forgot my local account password. I accidentally remove my fingerprint in the sign-in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my local account password. I accidentally remove my fingerprint in the sign-in...: I'm afraid I can't open my account after I shut down my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-local-account-password-i-accidentally/c2ab65d2-2985-4fbf-b9f3-2768a1751b63
  6. I forgot my local accounts password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my local accounts password: Hello, i forgot the password for my local account of my computer I've tried everything, but the rest password disc dosent work, the security questions i answered are my real things, like first pet ect but it dosent work. Please help this is the administrator account and my...
  7. I forgot my local accounts password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my local accounts password: Hello, i forgot the password for my local account of my computer I've tried everything, but the rest password disc dosent work, the security questions i answered are my real things, like first pet ect but it dosent work. Please help this is the administrator account and my...
  8. I forgot my local accounts password

9. Password That I Forgot Of Local Account

Password That I Forgot Of Local Account: i had signed with local account i dont remember password and well security questions..what can i do for it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-that-i-forgot-of-local-account/beba5caa-be69-4d2a-a136-792c9d2cb004
  10. forgot my password , local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot my password , local account: I used to have the setting turned on so that every time my computer sleeps, i needed to enter a password. i turned it off so that i could just log in and out with 1 click, because i was planning to bring it into a repair shop for service, i did not want to have to tell them...