Windows 10: I forgot my login password and the power button icon is missing off the login screen

Discus and support I forgot my login password and the power button icon is missing off the login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm locked out of my computer, and the power button is missing on the login screen. I use to have this computer set up on micrsoft and don't know how... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by P Curry, Nov 5, 2018.

1. P Curry Win User

I forgot my login password and the power button icon is missing off the login screen

I'm locked out of my computer, and the power button is missing on the login screen. I use to have this computer set up on micrsoft and don't know how it got deleted. Help

:)

P Curry, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Window 10 login password field missing, no power button

That's not the login screen in your screenshot, that look's like the Lock Screen to me. It's supposed to clear if you click anywhere on the screen (or press any key) to then reveal the login screen. Sometimes it appears to get stuck on the lock screen.

Apparently if you click-and-drag from the bottom of the screen to the top is may reveal the login screen...

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Bree, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Must Kill XP Login Icon

That's the funny thing, I don't have it passworded. But everytime it boots, it stops at the blue login screen and it will sit there until I click the icon, which takes me right to my desktop, no password required.

I know how to change the icon, but can't make the thing go away! *Mad I forgot my login password and the power button icon is missing off the login screen :mad:

error_f0rce, Nov 7, 2018
  4. P Curry Win User

I forgot my login password and the power button icon is missing off the login screen

I'm locked out of my computer, and the power button is missing on the login screen. I use to have this computer set up on micrsoft and don't know how it got deleted. Help

P Curry, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. I forgot my login password and the power button icon is missing off the login screen - Similar Threads - forgot login password

2. Forgot my login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  3. Forgot my login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  4. Forgot login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot login password: I have a Windows 10 tablet and did not use it for some time. Yesterday, I took out and charged it up for trial test. However I forgot the login password and coule not enter into Windows. Can someone guide me how to reset the password or even reinstall it. Thanks!...
  5. Forgot login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot login password: I have a Windows 10 tablet and did not use it for some time. Yesterday, I took out and charged it up for trial test. However I forgot the login password and coule not enter into Windows. Can someone guide me how to reset the password or even reinstall it. Thanks!...
  6. Forgot Password for Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Password for Login: Hi, I know my pin, but I do not know the password. How do I reset the password for my login? And I mean for the login to my laptop, not my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-for-login/db45ffde-269d-481a-ae7d-563b913ae619
  7. Forgot Login password.

Forgot Login password.: I forgot my password and security questions of my PC Login account which is linked to Microsoft. But I remember the pin and biometrics works also fine. Now, how can I reset the password without security questions and resetting the pc....
  8. Power button missing from Login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power button missing from Login screen: I looked this up on other websites before coming to this conclusion. When I go in my computer, I open up run, open registry edit, and go through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. Once I'm there I'm supposed to look for...
  9. I forgot my login password

I forgot my login password: Nuvision 2n1. How do I reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-login-password/7c84cf73-3e7f-4142-8a8c-9cb7025a5630"
  10. No Login Screen and No Power button

in Windows 10 Support
    No Login Screen and No Power button: My wife's computer just updated last week, and now we can't use it. It boots to the "bright" wallpaper, and then when you pull up on the screen to get to the password, the screen dims a little and nothing else. In the past, the screen dimmed a little and asked you for your...