Windows 10: I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email.

Discus and support I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I forgot my password on my Microsoft account, and when I was researching, it seems that in order to sign in, you can use your phone number that was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChocolateGirl90, Apr 3, 2022.

1. I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email.

I forgot my password on my Microsoft account, and when I was researching, it seems that in order to sign in, you can use your phone number that was linked or connected to your account. But the thing is, the account was never set up, it does not have a phone number to contact or any other account connected to it. It just exists. I really need to get something out of my Onedrive with that username, but I'm having trouble figuring things out. I remember the username, but not the password. Am I just not able to get back to that account? Please help.

:)

ChocolateGirl90, Apr 3, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

Kari, Apr 3, 2022
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Apr 3, 2022
  4. I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email.

forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email.

1. I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email. - Similar Threads - forgot password Microsoft

2. Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account: I wanna login my email microsoft, but i forget my phone number, so i dont get verification code. So i wanna change my number phone now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-phone-number-associate-with-microsoft/9222dd94-629c-4721-8b92-3e6f7066bc04
  3. Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account: I wanna login my email microsoft, but i forget my phone number, so i dont get verification code. So i wanna change my number phone now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-phone-number-associate-with-microsoft/9222dd94-629c-4721-8b92-3e6f7066bc04
  4. How to login with local password? Microsoft account Email, password and phone number are no...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to login with local password? Microsoft account Email, password and phone number are no...: How to login with local password after windows 10 update?Old Microsoft account email, password and phone number required are no longer available....
  5. How to login with local password? Microsoft account Email, password and phone number are no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login with local password? Microsoft account Email, password and phone number are no...: How to login with local password after windows 10 update?Old Microsoft account email, password and phone number required are no longer available....
  6. How to login with local password? Microsoft account Email, password and phone number are no...

7. I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email.: I forgot my password on my Microsoft account, and when I was researching, it seems that in order to sign in, you can use your phone number that was linked or connected to your account. But the thing is, the account was never set up, it does not have a phone number to contact...
  8. I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email.

I forgot my password of Microsoft account, it is not linked to any phone number or other email.: I forgot my password on my Microsoft account, and when I was researching, it seems that in order to sign in, you can use your phone number that was linked or connected to your account. But the thing is, the account was never set up, it does not have a phone number to contact...
  9. What to do if I forgot my password and my phone number changed and other information...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What to do if I forgot my password and my phone number changed and other information...: My personal information changes very often. I have moved 4 times in two years. I have changed my phone number at least 6 times in the same period of time. You have got to go with the flow. Personal information is not static....
  10. Microsoft account and phone number linked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account and phone number linked: Hi all, If I start to use a Microsoft account in Windows 10, so I can use better the store and all the option related to it, but someone steal my pc and steal my telephone card, this "someone" could have access to my Windows 10 by using my mobile number recovering my...