Windows 10: I forgot my pin and i cant reset it

Discus and support I forgot my pin and i cant reset it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So ive been always logging into my computer after a restart with the fingerprint option and it doesnt ask me for anything elseAlthough this time, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by khang tran1, Jun 11, 2022.

1. I forgot my pin and i cant reset it

So ive been always logging into my computer after a restart with the fingerprint option and it doesnt ask me for anything elseAlthough this time, after ive entered my fingerprint it says "Your PIN is required to sign in", and i dont remember what my pin is, i setted it 2 years agoI was trying to reset my pin, but it doesnt says "i forgot my PIN" above the sign in options, i also dont remember my passwordHere is my screen:

:)

khang tran1, Jun 11, 2022

2. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Jun 11, 2022
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Jun 11, 2022
  4. Entegy Win User

I forgot my pin and i cant reset it

Forgot PIN

If you forgot the PIN, you have no choice but to hard reset the phone and start from scratch. You can't bypass the PIN. If you could, there would be no point to the PIN.

Entegy, Jun 11, 2022
Thema:

I forgot my pin and i cant reset it

1. I forgot my pin and i cant reset it - Similar Threads - forgot pin cant

2. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...
  3. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...
  4. I forgot my pin and i cant reset it

I forgot my pin and i cant reset it: So ive been always logging into my computer after a restart with the fingerprint option and it doesnt ask me for anything elseAlthough this time, after ive entered my fingerprint it says "Your PIN is required to sign in", and i dont remember what my pin is, i setted it 2...
  5. I forgot my pin and i cant reset it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my pin and i cant reset it: So ive been always logging into my computer after a restart with the fingerprint option and it doesnt ask me for anything elseAlthough this time, after ive entered my fingerprint it says "Your PIN is required to sign in", and i dont remember what my pin is, i setted it 2...
  6. I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop

I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop: Hello there, I have my microsoft email logged in in my laptop and I forgot my PIN i tried to recover the pin but I no longer have access to the alternate email that my current email needs for security. I can no longer access my laptop and have been blocked for attempting to...
  7. I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop: Hello there, I have my microsoft email logged in in my laptop and I forgot my PIN i tried to recover the pin but I no longer have access to the alternate email that my current email needs for security. I can no longer access my laptop and have been blocked for attempting to...
  8. I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I forgot my pin

I forgot my pin: How do I get in to my computer when I don't remember the pin and can't use the methods of finding the pin because the email it is linked to no longer exists and it doesn't believe the information i put in the other method, I also can't reset it because it says "additional...
  10. I forgot my PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my PIN: When trying to remove the "PIN request" at login and following the instructions to do so, the "I forgot my PIN" does not display in the "Windows Hello PIN" box. The only hot-links in the box are "Learn More" and "Add" neither of which gets me where I need to be. -- Thanks....