Windows 10: I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account

Discus and support I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I use my fingerprint to open my laptop but I got injured on the finger that I use to access it and it asks for the PIN. The problem is I forgot my pin.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dxtrC, Apr 11, 2021.

1. dxtrC Win User

I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account

I use my fingerprint to open my laptop but I got injured on the finger that I use to access it and it asks for the PIN. The problem is I forgot my pin. I know my account password but it needs the PIN. I tried several times to open it with my account password but it needs the PIN. Can you help?

:)

dxtrC, Apr 11, 2021

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 11, 2021
  4. I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account

forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account :).

zekrahminator, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account

1. I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account - Similar Threads - forgot pin password

2. Forgot the local password but i know pin. How to change password now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot the local password but i know pin. How to change password now?: Pretty much the title. so i can login to my pc using the pin but cant change the password. i know my previous password though. I dont have a reset disk or any security questions defined. Im using windows 11 latest version. How can i change my password...
  3. Forgot the local password but i know pin. How to change password now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot the local password but i know pin. How to change password now?: Pretty much the title. so i can login to my pc using the pin but cant change the password. i know my previous password though. I dont have a reset disk or any security questions defined. Im using windows 11 latest version. How can i change my password...
  4. I forgot password of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot password of my pc: How to open my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-password-of-my-pc/0c1ef501-1a65-424d-8c4e-a68d4d790673
  5. I forgot password of my pc

I forgot password of my pc: How to open my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-password-of-my-pc/0c1ef501-1a65-424d-8c4e-a68d4d790673
  6. Forgot PIN, password option not available but do know it, and whenever I click ‘Forgot my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN, password option not available but do know it, and whenever I click ‘Forgot my...: ASUS Zephyrus G14 GA401IIWindows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-password-option-not-available-but-do/a3abdcf0-decd-4643-8928-4a94895d8823
  7. Forgot PIN, password option not available but do know it, and whenever I click ‘Forgot my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, password option not available but do know it, and whenever I click ‘Forgot my...: ASUS Zephyrus G14 GA401IIWindows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-password-option-not-available-but-do/a3abdcf0-decd-4643-8928-4a94895d8823
  8. Forgot PIN, password option not available but do know it, and whenever I click ‘Forgot my...

9. I know my password but I can't use it. Windows 10 forgot my pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I know my password but I can't use it. Windows 10 forgot my pin: Specifically it cannot find my PIN. I tried reseting ICACLS on the NGC folder via recovery command prompt and all sorts of other hacky stuff. I really do not want to have to rebuild the machine again literally just completed this process for a different reason less than 5...
  10. Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC?: Hi, I have a MS account which I can get into on my year old Surface Pro. My old Lenovo laptop is listed as second device, but I forgot the PW and the hint isn't helping. Is there a way I can change my Lenovo PW or just get into my Lenovo through my MS account so I can...