Windows 10: I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account.

Discus and support I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I need help resetting my windows password, not my microsoft account password. I did not add security questions to recover my password, and I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by aidemreal, Dec 12, 2020.

1. aidemreal Win User

I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account.

I need help resetting my windows password, not my microsoft account password. I did not add security questions to recover my password, and I have forgotten my password. Can anybody help me fix this problem. I do not have a usb drive or disk drive in my computer either. I have no idea how to reset my password. I can log into my microsoft account fine but then I'm prompted with this screen saying the following, and I cannot progress.

"Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello, if you've set it up.

We'll need your current Windows password one last time."

:)

aidemreal, Dec 12, 2020

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Dec 12, 2020
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account. :).

zekrahminator, Dec 12, 2020
  4. I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account.

forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article.

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account.

1. I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - forgot password unable

2. Forgot my Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my Microsoft Account Password: I installed a driver update for my graphics card. I am now seeing a blank screen.After every three reboots, I see the blue Windows Recovery Screen. Great!But, to do any repairs, I have to click on the account name and then input a password. It keeps telling me I'm inputting...
  3. Forgot my Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my Microsoft Account Password: I installed a driver update for my graphics card. I am now seeing a blank screen.After every three reboots, I see the blue Windows Recovery Screen. Great!But, to do any repairs, I have to click on the account name and then input a password. It keeps telling me I'm inputting...
  4. I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.: I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.... The Phone Number i used when i created the account i no longer have.... I have several purchases games movies on the account.... Can you send the security code to my microsoft account email *** Email address is removed for...
  5. I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.

I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.: I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.... The Phone Number i used when i created the account i no longer have.... I have several purchases games movies on the account.... Can you send the security code to my microsoft account email *** Email address is removed for...
  6. i forgot my Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i forgot my Microsoft account password: hello! i looked up how to reset my Microsoft account password and i got the message says We need to verify your identityHow would you like to get your security code? and click on email option and i got this message again says We just sent a code to *** Email address is...
  7. i forgot my Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i forgot my Microsoft account password: hello! i looked up how to reset my Microsoft account password and i got the message says We need to verify your identityHow would you like to get your security code? and click on email option and i got this message again says We just sent a code to *** Email address is...
  8. i forgot my Microsoft account password

9. I forgot my password on my Microsoft account and I cant change it.

I forgot my password on my Microsoft account and I cant change it.: Hello,I have a problem with my Microsoft windows account and I cant sign into it because I forgot the password. When I click "Forgot my PIN" it says "Just a moment" and loads for 5 seconds then it gets back and every time I do this is always the same. I tried so many...
  10. I forgot my microsoft account password

I forgot my microsoft account password: I have two account in Microsoft i know this account's password but i forgot my second account password and i have applied thousands of time in forgot password section but it always show "theinformation you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your accountownership"...