Windows 10: I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB?

Discus and support I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer somehow forgot my PIN, and I haven’t used the actual password in ~2 years. When I went to click the ‘Reset Password’ link it said I needed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Webb1, Mar 21, 2023.

1. I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB?

My computer somehow forgot my PIN, and I haven’t used the actual password in ~2 years. When I went to click the ‘Reset Password’ link it said I needed a USB drive. I got one and plugged it in, but it says it’s not the right drive? I can’t get on my computer at all now because this is the only account. What do I do?

:)

Andrew Webb1, Mar 21, 2023

2. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

You may also refer to the below article.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 21, 2023
  4. I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB?

Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB?

1. I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB? - Similar Threads - forgot password except

2. I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11, and I don’t have a lockout disc or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11, and I don’t have a lockout disc or...: I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11. How can I bypass it or reset it without a disk or usb that I don’t have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-my-hp-laptop-running/75074d56-625c-4e00-abe3-b89374a70e6b
  3. I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11, and I don’t have a lockout disc or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11, and I don’t have a lockout disc or...: I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11. How can I bypass it or reset it without a disk or usb that I don’t have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-my-hp-laptop-running/75074d56-625c-4e00-abe3-b89374a70e6b
  4. I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB?: My computer somehow forgot my PIN, and I haven’t used the actual password in ~2 years. When I went to click the ‘Reset Password’ link it said I needed a USB drive. I got one and plugged it in, but it says it’s not the right drive? I can’t get on my computer at all now because...
  5. I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my Windows password, except I don’t have the right USB?: My computer somehow forgot my PIN, and I haven’t used the actual password in ~2 years. When I went to click the ‘Reset Password’ link it said I needed a USB drive. I got one and plugged it in, but it says it’s not the right drive? I can’t get on my computer at all now because...
  6. It shows me a sign in screen and I forgot the password of the account and I don’t have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It shows me a sign in screen and I forgot the password of the account and I don’t have...: It shows me a sign in screen and I forgot the password of the account and I don’t have access to that number anymore what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-shows-me-a-sign-in-screen-and-i-forgot-the/30f1d65e-2153-4d52-ab81-273efa41e940
  7. It shows me a sign in screen and I forgot the password of the account and I don’t have...

It shows me a sign in screen and I forgot the password of the account and I don’t have...: It shows me a sign in screen and I forgot the password of the account and I don’t have access to that number anymore what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-shows-me-a-sign-in-screen-and-i-forgot-the/30f1d65e-2153-4d52-ab81-273efa41e940
  8. I forgot my password and it not showing I forgot my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my password and it not showing I forgot my password: After 1 year of letting the computer off, I booted back and I just forgot my password not pin.Well, I have no idea how to reset a password.And even if not showing "I FORGOT MY PASSWORD" it SHOW INSTEAD "reset password" which is not the way you reset using a Microsoft account....
  9. I forgot my password and it not showing I forgot my password

I forgot my password and it not showing I forgot my password: After 1 year of letting the computer off, I booted back and I just forgot my password not pin.Well, I have no idea how to reset a password.And even if not showing "I FORGOT MY PASSWORD" it SHOW INSTEAD "reset password" which is not the way you reset using a Microsoft account....
  10. I forgot my password and it not showing I forgot my password

in Windows 10 Gaming