Windows 10: I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

Discus and support I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So let me explain what is going on here. So I can get in through the pin but I have no idea what the password is. So I was trying to add my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShaneSandling, May 25, 2022.

1. I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

So let me explain what is going on here. So I can get in through the pin but I have no idea what the password is. So I was trying to add my Microsoft account to Windows 11, I enter the password to my Microsoft account, But it is making me put in my Windows password as well when i have literally no idea what i had it set to. And I don't remember the security questions either, So I am having quite a bit of trouble resetting it, It will not let me add my account unless i have the local password, I can still get in through the pin however it wont let me use the pin, just the password. And I am hav

:)

ShaneSandling, May 25, 2022

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, May 25, 2022
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 25, 2022
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

forgot what the password is for your local account

What if you are using your Microsoft account Shawn, and you forgot what the password is for your local account??? Long time ago when I was just using my local account, I never had a password setup for it. Now if I try to log in to my local account, it wants me to enter a password, so right now I don't use it.

And using netplwiz to change your local password, how do I know which user account is my local account?? I am the only user on my computer, and Netplwiz shows me two times, along with a HomeGroupUser$ and guest.

I am listed under group heading in 2 ways, Homeusers and homeusers;Administrator;Users ???

user must enter a password to use this computer is turned off bty.

OldMike65, May 25, 2022
Thema:

I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

1. I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do? - Similar Threads - forgot password local

2. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  3. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  4. I forgot the password on my windows 10 and idk what to do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I forgot the password on my windows 10 and idk what to do.: So i planed to give my old pc to a friend and factory reset it and then he got a new pc and didint need mine. So it just stayed on factory untouched not even setuped. And later we had some problems with the wifi so my dad used it to setup something that can expand the wifi...
  5. I struck at blue screen error,and forgot my local account admin password what can i do

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I struck at blue screen error,and forgot my local account admin password what can i do: Recently i update my window 10 laptop,but unfortunately my laptop struck at blue screen error and i forgot my admin password too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-struck-at-blue-screen-errorand-forgot-my-local/d78154b6-ab5c-409f-9047-e7b2def91ef1
  6. I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?: So let me explain what is going on here. So I can get in through the pin but I have no idea what the password is. So I was trying to add my Microsoft account to Windows 11, I enter the password to my Microsoft account, But it is making me put in my Windows password as well...
  7. I forgot my local accounts password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my local accounts password: Hello, i forgot the password for my local account of my computer I've tried everything, but the rest password disc dosent work, the security questions i answered are my real things, like first pet ect but it dosent work. Please help this is the administrator account and my...
  8. I forgot my local accounts password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my local accounts password: Hello, i forgot the password for my local account of my computer I've tried everything, but the rest password disc dosent work, the security questions i answered are my real things, like first pet ect but it dosent work. Please help this is the administrator account and my...
  9. I forgot my local accounts password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Password That I Forgot Of Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password That I Forgot Of Local Account: i had signed with local account i dont remember password and well security questions..what can i do for it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-that-i-forgot-of-local-account/beba5caa-be69-4d2a-a136-792c9d2cb004