Windows 10: I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy.

Discus and support I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I forgot to activate my Windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy. I continued to use the computer for over a year until eventually one day I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MetalArtist5065, Aug 13, 2022.

1. I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy.

I forgot to activate my Windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy. I continued to use the computer for over a year until eventually one day I restarted the computer and my Windows copy was deactivated and all my toolbars and screen had black interface. I went into settings to reactivate my copy using the Business card with the windows key on it in the back of the windows packaging. The windows box came with a USB and a card in the back which I just found. I tried to activate windows using that card but it said it was invalid. I have the receipt, box, and keycard with code, but am unable

:)

MetalArtist5065, Aug 13, 2022

2. windows activation

Hi Micah,

Check the list of error codes
    here
    and follow the suggested steps to resolve it. If the error code isn't in the list, kindly send us the exact error code. You may attach a screenshot of the error. By the way, how did you get your copy of Windows 10? I suggest that you refer to this

link
    for ways on how to activate Windows 10 depending on how you got your copy of Windows.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Aug 13, 2022
  3. warup89 Win User
    Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Aug 13, 2022
  4. I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy.

Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy.

1. I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy. - Similar Threads - forgot activate copy

2. I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy.: I forgot to activate my Windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy. I continued to use the computer for over a year until eventually one day I restarted the computer and my Windows copy was deactivated and all my toolbars and screen had black interface. I went into settings...
  3. I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot to activate my windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy.: I forgot to activate my Windows copy after purchasing from Best Buy. I continued to use the computer for over a year until eventually one day I restarted the computer and my Windows copy was deactivated and all my toolbars and screen had black interface. I went into settings...
  4. Will the activation key from my EBay purchased copy of Windows 10 activate the latest...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will the activation key from my EBay purchased copy of Windows 10 activate the latest...: I have two copies of Windows 10 Pro. One is a copy I purchased from Ebay complete with activation key. It is genuine. The other is an iso copy of the latest version which I downloaded directly from Microsoft with which I have created a bootable DVD disk. I am about to install...
  5. Refund of Windows 10 purchased from Best Buy

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund of Windows 10 purchased from Best Buy: I purchased Windows 10 Home from Best Buy. After getting it home not opening the package and reading on how to upgrade from Windows XP, I decided to instead purchase a new computer that has Windows 10 already installed. When I called Best Buy to request how to return the...
  6. Error when installation Windows 10 Pro. Purchased today from Best Buy

Error when installation Windows 10 Pro. Purchased today from Best Buy: I purchased Windows 10 Pro and the software did not install. The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation. Windows 10 Pro Product Key <removed>. Moderator Edit to remove Product Key which is not required for Question....
  7. I just purchase a computer from Best Buy and have trouble opening a class I was taking on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just purchase a computer from Best Buy and have trouble opening a class I was taking on...: Hello, I just puyrchased a new computer from Best Buy and they were supposed to transfer all the information from the old to the new computer. But now I can not access an educational course I was taking which I was doing on the old computer--is it possible that Best Buy did...
  8. Windows 10 Pro from Best Buy

Windows 10 Pro from Best Buy: I bought Windows 10 Pro from Best Buy on USB. This read-only USB came with v1809 already included. Why does this USB stick include install.swm and install2.swm instead of install.wim for the 64-bit version? The 32-bit version has install.wim. The last modified date of the...
  9. DEVICE CALLED PASSWORD FROM BEST BUY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DEVICE CALLED PASSWORD FROM BEST BUY: FEB 7 2019 THURS. HOW DO I COPY DOC. AND DOC FOLDERS! AFTER COPYING HOW DO I KNOW FOLDERS AND DOCS. ARE SAVED? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-called-password-from-best-buy/294dc240-e03b-4b2e-ade1-869222c1d4be"
  10. Best place to buy Windows from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best place to buy Windows from?: Hello everyone. I used to buy my Windows licences (and was able to gain access to the OS ISOs) from Softicle.com at a very good price. It might have even been someone on here who suggested them. They seem to be no more, as I emailed them today, but to no avail. Are there...