Windows 10: I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it

Discus and support I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop that I was giving to my girlfriend. I formatted it so all my personal info and programs I had purchased Office, etc were deleted.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lin337, Dec 19, 2020.

1. lin337 Win User

I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it

I have an HP laptop that I was giving to my girlfriend. I formatted it so all my personal info and programs I had purchased Office, etc were deleted. However, now I can't get into it nor can my girl friend. Even at 86 yrs old, I have a girlfriend. It turns on, the picture comes up, but I tried my old passwords and pins to no avail.,

:)

lin337, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Dec 19, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it - Similar Threads - formatted another laptop

2. I can't open may laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open may laptop: TOSHIBA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-may-laptop/48324870-e8e3-4c19-a1a1-1961af33c816
  3. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  4. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  5. I can't open my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open my laptop.: when I open my laptop this is what I see and then when I click it goes black screen and then go back in that lock screen again. Pls help me how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-laptop/1eb69ee7-dfb0-4a4d-8f66-8e31a0051552
  6. I can't open my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my laptop.: when I open my laptop this is what I see and then when I click it goes black screen and then go back in that lock screen again. Pls help me how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-laptop/1eb69ee7-dfb0-4a4d-8f66-8e31a0051552
  7. I can't open my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I can't open my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open my laptop: Hi so i downloaded a lock folder software and right after i installed it, my laptop keeps on crashing, i cannot uninstall the software because after 1 min of turning on the laptop it gets BSOD again, someone help please! I have online classes The error isStop code: attempted...
  9. Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it: For some reason UK English was added to my languages, and it doesn't even show up on language settings. It is driving me insane, how do I remove it? https://imgur.com/a/1OBCITl submitted by /u/ma-kat-is-kute [link] [comments]...
  10. Formatted my computer and installed Windows on another Drive, now I can't delete the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatted my computer and installed Windows on another Drive, now I can't delete the...: My Computer had 2 HDs, Drive C and Drive D, previously Drive C had Windows and Drive D had a WindowsApps folder for the Windows Store Apps/Games. I replaced my C drive with an new SSD but the WindowsApps folder from the previous Windows remained on drive D. I cannot delete...