Windows 10: I formatted my laptop and OneDrive says my account does not exist

Discus and support I formatted my laptop and OneDrive says my account does not exist in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so i formatted my laptop cause of performance issues, i had 2 users on my pc, i was using the second one, i even created a new microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scott_summers_616, Feb 7, 2020.

1. I formatted my laptop and OneDrive says my account does not exist

Hi,

so i formatted my laptop cause of performance issues, i had 2 users on my pc, i was using the second one, i even created a new microsoft account and thus a new one drive account to get the files from THAT user to sync and NOT lose it, but for some reason after i formatted, i tried to log in into the account to get the files from the second user to the first one since i dont need a second user anymore onedrive says that email does not exist, i lost EVERYTHING, how can i recover those files? can i even do that, i dont understand what i did wrong and why from the blue my microsoft account just doesnt exist.

:)

scott_summers_616, Feb 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I formatted my laptop and OneDrive says my account does not exist :(

Zakin, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

I formatted my laptop and OneDrive says my account does not exist

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

I formatted my laptop and OneDrive says my account does not exist

1. I formatted my laptop and OneDrive says my account does not exist - Similar Threads - formatted laptop OneDrive

2. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist: Hello!I can't log in to my microsoft account, although it's the same account I use for PC sign in, microsoft store and my minecraft account. But suddenly for no reason when I try to log in to my account it says that this account doesn't exist. I've never had issues like this...
  3. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist: Hello!I can't log in to my microsoft account, although it's the same account I use for PC sign in, microsoft store and my minecraft account. But suddenly for no reason when I try to log in to my account it says that this account doesn't exist. I've never had issues like this...
  4. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.: I have been using it regularly and I had Minecraft connected to it I migrated this year. I do not know if my account was terminated or what. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-deleted-my-account-for-microsoft-but-it/b199458c-2873-415a-b3af-498459f1820a
  6. I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.

I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.: I have been using it regularly and I had Minecraft connected to it I migrated this year. I do not know if my account was terminated or what. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-deleted-my-account-for-microsoft-but-it/b199458c-2873-415a-b3af-498459f1820a
  7. My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...: Wheb trying to verify my Microsoft account on my windows 11 laptop either on the accout tab or to turn of S mode the pop up will say "this account doesn't exist, make a new one?" Upon clicking the link to make a new one, the page then says after automatically inputing the...
  8. My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...

My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...: Wheb trying to verify my Microsoft account on my windows 11 laptop either on the accout tab or to turn of S mode the pop up will say "this account doesn't exist, make a new one?" Upon clicking the link to make a new one, the page then says after automatically inputing the...
  9. Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!: Hello, I am a student and I tried to log into my Microsoft Word Account through my College which I’ve had for years, and it says my account does not exist?? Where did it go and how can I recover it? It’s very hard to find support on this page. Because it says my account does...
  10. Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!

Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!: Hello, I am a student and I tried to log into my Microsoft Word Account through my College which I’ve had for years, and it says my account does not exist?? Where did it go and how can I recover it? It’s very hard to find support on this page. Because it says my account does...