Windows 10: I found a bug in the Rich Edit implementation of Microsoft

Discus and support I found a bug in the Rich Edit implementation of Microsoft in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I found a bug in the implementation of the richedit (RICHED20.dll And MSFTEDIT.dll). Let's say you have written: "AAAAA BBBBB" and select the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emmanuel Ichbiah, Jan 26, 2019.

1. I found a bug in the Rich Edit implementation of Microsoft

Hi, I found a bug in the implementation of the richedit (RICHED20.dll And MSFTEDIT.dll).

Let's say you have written: "AAAAA BBBBB" and select the string " BBBBB" and issue a Ctrl BACKSPACE, "AAAAA" get deleted.

The logic would be to delete the Bs in this case. It would symetric to the logic implemented for Ctrl DELETE.

I could live with the current implementation if it would be consistent with the implementation of protected text.

Let me explain. A feature of the Richedit is to be able to protect a range of text. Attempts to change protected text generate an EN_PROTECTED notification that enables to allow or disallow the change.

If I have the following string: " PROTECTEDbbbb" where PROTECTED is protected text and select "bbbbb" and issue a CTRL BACKSPACE, the "PROTECTED" string gets deleted without any EN_PROTECTED notification being sent, which defeats the purpose.

So eather the Ctrl BACKSPACE implementation is wrong, or the protection is not well implemented.

I tend to think that the Ctrl BACKSPACE implemenation is wrong when text is already selected.

I know this is quite technical, especially the protected feature, but what do you think?

Finally, do you know how this problem should be conveyed to the Microsoft team?

:)

Emmanuel Ichbiah, Jan 26, 2019
  2. D_o_S Win User

Microsoft "Find a bug"

To help incent its own employees to file and fix bugs in Windows Vista, the Microsoft brass is implementing a bounty program, according to one employee. The Windows team will pay employees $100 for each bug file and fixed. And the employee with the most bugs filed and fixed will earn an extra $500.

Source: Microsoft Watch

D_o_S, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 26, 2019
  4. I found a bug in the Rich Edit implementation of Microsoft

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

I found a bug in the Rich Edit implementation of Microsoft

1. I found a bug in the Rich Edit implementation of Microsoft - Similar Threads - found bug Rich

2. I found a serious bug in Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a serious bug in Microsoft Outlook: I've noticed a potentially serious flaw with Outlook. when i open Outlook, it presents an incorrect message, I do NOT have an account with Openrad, It appears that the problem is that MICROSOFT has hardcoded this messsage onto the chip, removing this setting from registry...
  3. I found a serious bug in Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found a serious bug in Microsoft Outlook: I've noticed a potentially serious flaw with Outlook. when i open Outlook, it presents an incorrect message, I do NOT have an account with Openrad, It appears that the problem is that MICROSOFT has hardcoded this messsage onto the chip, removing this setting from registry...
  4. Weird curser bug I found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird curser bug I found: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/electroblasterV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17h7etu/weird_curser_bug_i_found/
  5. Open Post To Microsoft: Ridiculous Windows Design/Implementation Bug leads to data loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Post To Microsoft: Ridiculous Windows Design/Implementation Bug leads to data loss: Came across a Windows 10 design/implementation bug today that simply should not have been possible. At this day and age the following experience really is quite inexcusable. Say what you want but in my book its not: period.I copied a number of important files from a USB drive...
  6. Found serious Bug in microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Found serious Bug in microsoft Windows 10: Hi Microsoft, my setting language still remain to Chinese Language even change everything to English. Look at my desktop its already English. License: Windows 10 ProVersion: 2004Build: 19041.508...
  7. I found a bug in the start menu (bug)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I found a bug in the start menu (bug): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ChilDragonMC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5t9rd/i_found_a_bug_in_the_start_menu_bug/
  8. Microsoft Login is badly implemented

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Login is badly implemented: It was my first my first time installing Windows 10. I did a ton of research, as much as I could. Watched videos, read a lot of text and whatnot. After installation, I was happy and used a little bit of my PC and internet also, and then shut it down. Still I was bound to make...
  9. Microsoft Login is badly implemented

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Login is badly implemented: It was my first my first time installing Windows 10. I did a ton of research, as much as I could. Watched videos, read a lot of text and whatnot. After installation, I was happy and used a little bit of my PC and internet also, and then shut it down. Still I was bound to make...
  10. i found a bug

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i found a bug: Good evening sir/madam, My name is T.PhanindraKumar, I'm from India. From past 2 years i'm using windows 10 genuine OS and crack OS also to find the difference and find the problem. and recentlyi found a bug in the windows 10 activation. for the finding the bug i will get...