Windows 10: I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop.

Discus and support I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was checking if my mouse was connected correctly so i went into the control panel and went into devices and printers and i found a device with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alexrobbins2, Mar 28, 2020.

1. I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop.

I was checking if my mouse was connected correctly so i went into the control panel and went into devices and printers and i found a device with the same name as my laptop connected.

I want to know why this is happening.

:)

alexrobbins2, Mar 28, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 28, 2020
  4. I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop.

how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop. 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop. 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop. 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop. 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop.

1. I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop. - Similar Threads - found device laptops

2. i was remove my mouse bluetoothd device from the connected device on my laptop, when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was remove my mouse bluetoothd device from the connected device on my laptop, when i...: i was remove my mouse bluetoothd device from the connected device on my laptop, when i trying to pair it again the mouse bluetooth cant found by my laptop...
  3. connecting my laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting my laptops: i want to connect my laptops so i can burn a cd. one is wireless and one is plug in. one has a cd burner and one dont. one is a acer and one is a compaq presario. can it be done? if so, how? thank you...
  4. CAMERA NOT FOUND IN MY LAPTOP!

CAMERA NOT FOUND IN MY LAPTOP!: I get an error message about my camera not being found ! I have an HP Pavillion dm4 bought in 2013 or so.It may need a driver update or something. Windows 10...
  5. i can´t connect any of my Bluetooth devices with my laptop

i can´t connect any of my Bluetooth devices with my laptop: I can´t conect any of my bluetooth devices with my laptop Device name DAVOR Processor IntelR CeleronR CPU N2940 @ 1.83GHz 1.83 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable Device ID F61528C7-1651-4710-AE03-C3A29233CE4B Product ID 00325-80312-99345-AAOEM System type 64-bit...
  6. Laptop Bluetooth not connecting to my devices

Laptop Bluetooth not connecting to my devices: Split from this thread. hi sir my laptop bluetooth is not cannect to my devices * OS not specified. Assumed to be Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-bluetooth-not-connecting-to-my-devices/deedf154-5877-405f-8512-b819e2904209
  7. Boot device not found _ laptop

Boot device not found _ laptop: Hello, HP probook: a 3F0 error /Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk message displayed. I checked with F2, everything seems okay with hardware. Yesterday I tried unlock external disk from bitlocker protection. Could it cause that...
  8. found lost laptop device.

found lost laptop device.: Sir/Ma'am Can I found my lost window 10 laptop device? Then how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-lost-laptop-device/92d535b1-8d14-49ba-8a92-c7c57d3caaad
  9. CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??

CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??: Hello...… When I recently purchased my £800 laptop I was told that if I plugged any device (eg, phone or camera etc, etc) into my laptop the new Windows 10 operating system would detect that a device has been plugged into the laptop and that information would appear on my...
  10. Laptop (Device) Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop (Device) Name: I'm trying to rename my laptop Pete's Laptop or Pete's Dell ( with or without the space and apostrophy) I keep being told that the name is invalid. Fair enough. BUT ….. Why will Microsoft not state why the name is invalid ? You are told with passwords so you can use a...