Windows 10: I found a virus today...

Discus and support I found a virus today... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is a list of common viruses to look for and where do they commonly reside?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhoenixArtOfficial, Oct 6, 2018.

1. I found a virus today...

What is a list of common viruses to look for and where do they commonly reside?

:)

PhoenixArtOfficial, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Oct 6, 2018
  3. knctr virus

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/knctr-virus-removal/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. You might be able to skip the step with HitmanPro. (30 day free trial if needed)

Bruce Hagen, Oct 6, 2018
  4. I found a virus today...

Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

I found a virus today...

1. I found a virus today... - Similar Threads - found virus today

2. Found today in update. 2018 dates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found today in update. 2018 dates?: This appeared today. Win10 fully up to date as of this date. Yes I rebooted to no avail. Have no idea what this stuff is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-today-in-update-2018-dates/de30c2de-7336-448e-afac-7301687add9b
  3. Found today in update. 2018 dates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Found today in update. 2018 dates?: This appeared today. Win10 fully up to date as of this date. Yes I rebooted to no avail. Have no idea what this stuff is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-today-in-update-2018-dates/de30c2de-7336-448e-afac-7301687add9b
  4. Found today in update. 2018 dates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Might've found a virus.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Might've found a virus.: Hello Microsoft,I found this folder that says "energy"I have no Idea what it is, but I researched and Apparently it's Adware.Can I get confirmation of this?Thanks.Screenshot of Folder contents:...
  6. Might've found a virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Might've found a virus.: Hello Microsoft,I found this folder that says "energy"I have no Idea what it is, but I researched and Apparently it's Adware.Can I get confirmation of this?Thanks.Screenshot of Folder contents:...
  7. Might've found a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I found this csrss.exe virus finally

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I found this csrss.exe virus finally: Today i went into the windows folder , then i saw a hidden folder named "rss" i opened it and i saw the file csrss.exe and there was another file beneath it named virus. csrss.exe means Cilent Server Runtime Process. It is essential for the Operating system to run . But in my...
  9. Virus found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus found: I saw an edge update try to download without me clicking anything, then it cancelled the download and said virus detected. So, I immediately checked for updates and did a full computer scan. The scan came back clean and I had pending updates. I updated everything and...
  10. Found something new today...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Found something new today...: I don't know how long it's been there, but in the Settings->Network & Internet hub, there is a little link "Network Reset". I was having trouble with my wireless dropping every few seconds, and I did this reset and everything is now running great. I think cycle after...