Windows 10: I found my friend's personal OneDrive account on Microsoft word...Did she use my laptop?

Discus and support I found my friend's personal OneDrive account on Microsoft word...Did she use my laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am currently signed into my school's network on Microsoft 365 word so I am not using a personal Microsoft account. When I clicked 'Recent' I saw my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SayeRunWild, Nov 25, 2020.

1. I found my friend's personal OneDrive account on Microsoft word...Did she use my laptop?

I am currently signed into my school's network on Microsoft 365 word so I am not using a personal Microsoft account. When I clicked 'Recent' I saw my friend's personal OneDrive account as a sign in option, which is really strange as I have never let her sign into her email on my laptop. My laptop is quite new as well so I would have remembered.

Does this mean for sure that she used my laptop without my permission or not necessarily? There have been many occasions for her to access the laptop, when I was out of the house, so I can't check the windows activity for periods where I knew for sure I wasn't using my laptop.

She sits next to me in class and I am bit of a slow typer. There was one time finger recognition didn't work at all and I had to use my PIN to sign in, as that was my backup sign in. I thought I checked that she wasn't looking but maybe she saw out of the corner of her eye?

On the other hand, if she did use my laptop, why would she use her personal email account with her name? Why not a memory stick? Perhaps she didn't have one on hand when she saw an opportunity....Maybe I am overthinking, but why go to the effort of using someone else's laptop? This was many many years ago but she stole some of my files from me, and I managed to see, using a memory stick. But we were much much younger then.

I might be wrong, but is there any way I could check this?

submitted by /u/SayeRunWild
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SayeRunWild, Nov 25, 2020

2. Can't add personal account to onedrive!!!

Hi Adam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please follow the steps to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on adding personal account to OneDrive.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 25, 2020
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Hi guys,

I have a small dilemma and if anyone could give some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

My school is switching from Gmail and Gdrive to Outlook and Onedrive for mail and cloud services soon.

They provide us all with a small netbook, but I prefer to use my personal laptop in class as it allows me to run Ubuntu in a VM for various applications I need to use for practical work. In general, it's all-round easier to work with a full size laptop (and keyboard) than with a tiddly netbook.

I already have windows 8.1 on my laptop with an offline account. To be able to use the offline and folder syncing facilities of Onedrive, I understand that I will need to log in to windows with my work e-mail to do this, and I believe I can disable all sync settings

I'm wondering what the implications would be to log into my personal computer with my work account ( changing my current account from a local account). If I turn off the option to sync settings, is any other information sent to Microsoft?

silkstone, Nov 25, 2020
  4. I found my friend's personal OneDrive account on Microsoft word...Did she use my laptop?

Giving laptop to a friend

Giving my old laptop to a friend.

I am currently the only person using this laptop and I am the admin
    with a Microsoft account.

What is the easiest and best way for my friend to create his own Microsoft account
    and become the administrator of the laptop?

Can I have him create a MS account while being logged in to the machine under my
    account. Then have him log me off and sign himself in using his MS account?

How do I remove me as admin and make him admin?

snifferpro, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

I found my friend's personal OneDrive account on Microsoft word...Did she use my laptop?

1. I found my friend's personal OneDrive account on Microsoft word...Did she use my laptop? - Similar Threads - found friend's personal

2. I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word: I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-wife-to-have-access-to-my-account-so-she/3fd75459-bd28-4b38-a17d-a403b34bd9e3
  3. I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word: I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-wife-to-have-access-to-my-account-so-she/3fd75459-bd28-4b38-a17d-a403b34bd9e3
  4. If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?: Hi, a friend of mine have a gamepass on her microsoft account so she gave me her login so i can play some games on my pc, i logged in to her account on microsoft store and my windows account changed to hers, also my browser Edge started syncing passwords and bookmarks somehow...
  5. If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?

If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?: Hi, a friend of mine have a gamepass on her microsoft account so she gave me her login so i can play some games on my pc, i logged in to her account on microsoft store and my windows account changed to hers, also my browser Edge started syncing passwords and bookmarks somehow...
  6. If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...: I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How do i ensure she does not have access anymore and she uses her own accont....
  8. I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...

I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...: I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How do i ensure she does not have access anymore and she uses her own accont....
  9. Can I use my laptop on my mobile by using My Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my laptop on my mobile by using My Microsoft account?: Hey, My name is James Adaline and I live in Los Angeles. I was planning to travel to New York City, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to bring my laptop with me. So my question is, can I use my laptop on my mobile phone by using my Microsoft account? As we...
  10. Issues while sign in to OneDrive using Personal Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while sign in to OneDrive using Personal Microsoft account: Hello All, I'm on a windows 10 account at work, with a full 365 suite active, corporate onedrive active etcetc. In my windows explorer, I have also added my personal (@live.com) onedrive account to be able to sync some private data once in a while aswell. The onedrive for...