Windows 10: I found out today I get problem starting all photo-viewing microsoft app

Discus and support I found out today I get problem starting all photo-viewing microsoft app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically I found that Paint3D, Microsoft Photo and Snip & Sketch don't start (I'm trying to open a JPG file). what cause it? (it work fine the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OmBob, Nov 16, 2019.

1. OmBob Win User

I found out today I get problem starting all photo-viewing microsoft app

Basically I found that Paint3D, Microsoft Photo and Snip & Sketch don't start (I'm trying to open a JPG file).

what cause it? (it work fine the previous day)

and what steps should I try? (repair and reset troubleshoot don't work )

(sorry if I posted in wrong place)

:)

OmBob, Nov 16, 2019

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Nov 16, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 16, 2019
  4. I found out today I get problem starting all photo-viewing microsoft app

Can I view all photos in one view

Hi Gary,

We'd like to ask few questions to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using the built-in Photos
      app to view your photos?
    • What steps have you tried so far?

Desiree Yau, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

I found out today I get problem starting all photo-viewing microsoft app

1. I found out today I get problem starting all photo-viewing microsoft app - Similar Threads - found today problem

2. Problem with the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the Microsoft Photos App: Since yesterday, I can no longer copy, paste, or print from my collection in the Microsoft Photos app. Why? Until yesterday, you could easily perform these three operations....
  3. Microsoft Photos App will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App will not start: It seems this is a problem that has no definitive solution, I too have spent hours trolling through forums trying to find a fix but have just about given up.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling via Powershell admin "get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos*...
  4. Microsoft Photos App will not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App will not start: It seems this is a problem that has no definitive solution, I too have spent hours trolling through forums trying to find a fix but have just about given up.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling via Powershell admin "get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos*...
  5. microsoft photo app problem

microsoft photo app problem: I can't open a jpg in full screen. I cannot get rid of a white border around the photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-problem/440648f1-c447-4205-8152-11523e42b707
  6. I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.: Help. I want to know what the photo is without opening the Microsoft photos app and searching for it in all of my photos. submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j63px3/i_cant_view_photos_without_opening_the_microsoft/
  7. When I click on a Photo I get this "the app didn't start"

When I click on a Photo I get this "the app didn't start": Good afternoon, I have a problem that just suddenly started up. When I click on a photo I get [ATTACH] I have already tried the Repair/ Reset and Reinstall route. Please advise. Lou...
  8. I found a virus today...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I found a virus today...: What is a list of common viruses to look for and where do they commonly reside? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-found-a-virus-today/ad0fa07c-1b1b-4edd-97e9-e85f60178cd3
  9. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150
  10. Microsoft Photo app will not start

Microsoft Photo app will not start: After the July Windows 10 update the microsoft photos will not start. I've removed the photo app and reinstalled it with the same problem. what is the fix?????...