Windows 10: i found this old folder that just exaggerates the size but still shown original size,...

Discus and support i found this old folder that just exaggerates the size but still shown original size,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OliverLlama [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OliverLlama, Sep 29, 2022.

1. i found this old folder that just exaggerates the size but still shown original size,...

/u/OliverLlama, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 29, 2022
  4. i found this old folder that just exaggerates the size but still shown original size,...

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

i found this old folder that just exaggerates the size but still shown original size,...

1. i found this old folder that just exaggerates the size but still shown original size,... - Similar Threads - found old folder

2. Window sizes of apps get reset to the original sizes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window sizes of apps get reset to the original sizes.: So I found an issue with the window sizes of apps. The window sizes of built in UWP apps, like settings, and built in OG apps, like Task Manager, and third party apps get reset to their original sizes. How do I disable this feature like using the Regedit? Thanks in advance!...
  3. Window sizes of apps get reset to the original sizes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window sizes of apps get reset to the original sizes.: So I found an issue with the window sizes of apps. The window sizes of built in UWP apps, like settings, and built in OG apps, like Task Manager, and third party apps get reset to their original sizes. How do I disable this feature like using the Regedit? Thanks in advance!...
  4. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  5. I resized my Windows partition and it is still recognising it's old size not it's new size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I resized my Windows partition and it is still recognising it's old size not it's new size: I recently resized my Windows 10 partition to go from 50gb to 100gb, but windows is still recognising it as only 50gb. If I go into disk management it says the partition is 100gb which is correct, but in File explorer it still says only 50 GB....
  6. I resized my Windows partition and it is still recognising it's old size not it's new size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I resized my Windows partition and it is still recognising it's old size not it's new size: I recently resized my Windows 10 partition to go from 50gb to 100gb, but windows is still recognising it as only 50gb. If I go into disk management it says the partition is 100gb which is correct, but in File explorer it still says only 50 GB....
  7. I resized my Windows partition and it is still recognising it's old size not it's new size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Incorrect folder size on just some folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect folder size on just some folders: When I right-click and hit "properties" the folder says its total contents is 2.70 GB in size with 1,927 Files. However, if I open the folder, highlight all the folders contained in it, and then hit "properties," the total size comes to 32.3 GB with 2,255 files. The second...
  9. Folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size: In W10, is there a way to always make folders open maximized. I always close them maximized, but the next time I start computer and open them, they are minimized. Thanks for looking. 101166
  10. Folder Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Size: Hi Group, I have an internal hard drive, 1 TB, just for data. If I add up the sizes of all the folders, it is about 75 GB. But properties for the drive show it has 455 GB of data. I know it has nowhere near that. The red line appears showing it close to full. What is...