Windows 10: i found this site by trying to change my srt files back...

Discus and support i found this site by trying to change my srt files back... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; oops .i can almost follow the steps but i had a stroke a while ago and i get blocked on how i should go forward...i need instructions to be baby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mlsnielsen, Mar 26, 2020.

1. i found this site by trying to change my srt files back...

oops

.i can almost follow the steps but i had a stroke a while ago and i get blocked on how i should go forward...i need instructions to be baby steps to get me through..i apologize but i can't remember what used to be so easy for me..please help..i don't know how to follow help when given.michele

how do i hear from someone

:)

mlsnielsen, Mar 26, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I change .srt file back to unknown?

OK, here is a process that will work:

• Make sure you can see file extensions - In Windows file Explorer, on the View Tab, make sure file name extensions is checked, close Windows File Explorer
    • Right click your Desktop and choose 'New' - Text File
    • Rename the Text File xxx.bat
    • Right click any srt file and choose 'Open With' - Choose another app - More Apps - Look for another app on this PC
    • Select 'Always use this app for .srt files', then navigate to the xxx.bat file and click OK
    • Close the .srt file and then delete xxx.bat from your desktop and the Recycle Bin
    • This will reset .srt files to unknown . . .

DaveM121, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Unable to open SRT Files with the default application.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below question and get back to us.

Which update did you install prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, try the below methods.

Method 1: Changing the file type from file properties.

Step 1: Go to your hard drive and
    Right Click on an SRT file and click on Properties.

Step 2: On the General tab, click on Change under Opens with option and choose
    WordPad > click OK.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Apply and OK and check for the issue.

Method 2: Copy and paste the SRT file to your computer.

Step 1: Copy the SRT file from your external drive and paste it on your computer.

Step 2: Then, follow the
    Method 1 and check if you are facing the same issue when the SRT file is on your computer.

If the above methods didn't work, then you may want to
    Create a New Administrator User Account and see if
    this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 26, 2020
  4. i found this site by trying to change my srt files back...

.srt file opens in Notepad

its open in notepad way , the file format in srt

seemon stark, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

i found this site by trying to change my srt files back...

1. i found this site by trying to change my srt files back... - Similar Threads - found site trying

2. Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back?: Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back? After I turned it on I thought I turned it to normal, but apparently not I dont know how to get back to that panel on my pc so now it sounds like my audio is in a sewer. If you...
  3. Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back?: Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back? After I turned it on I thought I turned it to normal, but apparently not I dont know how to get back to that panel on my pc so now it sounds like my audio is in a sewer. If you...
  4. If i change my operational system and then try to change back. Will i lost all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i change my operational system and then try to change back. Will i lost all my files: So i am thinking about switching to linus to try it out.But could i switch back to windows 10 and have all my original files on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-change-my-operational-system-and-then-try-to/62643216-7099-4683-9a48-52f986539b66
  5. If i change my operational system and then try to change back. Will i lost all my files

If i change my operational system and then try to change back. Will i lost all my files: So i am thinking about switching to linus to try it out.But could i switch back to windows 10 and have all my original files on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-change-my-operational-system-and-then-try-to/62643216-7099-4683-9a48-52f986539b66
  6. If i change my operational system and then try to change back. Will i lost all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Web Sites Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Sites Not Found: Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory, 500Gb SSD, 3 years old desktop This computer was working great Friday till the afternoon. MS Edge, Google Chrome cannot display web pages. It is connected to the network can print to network printer and access another computer. It...
  8. SUBTITLE FILES -srt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SUBTITLE FILES -srt files: Good day Yesterday I tried to play a subtitle to a movie I was viewing but it didn't work when checking the sub it views a blank tile when I right click it says its a srt file and that its unable to be used on windows 10 after I upgraded. This was never a problem before I...
  9. SRT files type changed!

SRT files type changed!: Hi, i installed KMplayer mins ago and it changed the type of SRT files! i need to make the notepad the default program as previous, how can i did this [ATTACH] i tried to chose it from here and nothing won't change! and i wesnt to setting - default apps - choose...
  10. Google will NEVER be found in my 'Top Sites'?

in Browsers and Email
    Google will NEVER be found in my 'Top Sites'?: Hello, I set my Edge browser to display a list of my most visited sites. 'Top Sites'. I used Google several times a day from day 1 yet it has never appeared on my top sites list. I have a single row of 8 top sites. Lots of empty space below and above. Any chance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to restore .srt file to default

2. how to restore srt file to default

3. How to put my laptop back to srt

4. how to change the default opening of a srt file to unknown on a laptop