Windows 10: I found two unknown user on my pc

Discus and support I found two unknown user on my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language and I have installed Ubuntu on VMware workstation. I recently found two unknown users named Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vasu Bhut, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Vasu Bhut Win User

I found two unknown user on my pc

I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language and I have installed Ubuntu on VMware workstation. I recently found two unknown users named Account UnknownS-1-5-21-1817899009-3090463667-2689442307 and Account UnknownS-1-5-21-1817899009-3090463667-2689442307-1001 on my laptop. Do these two unknown users mean that my PC is hacked or it is there because of the Ubuntu in VMware?

:)

Vasu Bhut, Oct 28, 2023
  2. Bree Win User

Unknown user

<Okänd kontakt> is just Swedish for <Unknown contact>

When an unknown account is listed in permissions it's usually due to the file or folder having had permissions for a user account on this PC that has since been deleted. Or, if the drive is an external drive that is used by several machines, an account that exists on another PC.

Either way, as the unknown user doesn't exist on this PC then having it listed in permissions doesn't grant access to any account that actually exists.

3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Oct 28, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 28, 2023
Thema:

1. I found two unknown user on my pc - Similar Threads - found unknown user

2. I found two unknown user on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found two unknown user on my pc: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language and I have installed Ubuntu on VMware workstation. I recently found two unknown users named Account UnknownS-1-5-21-1817899009-3090463667-2689442307 and Account UnknownS-1-5-21-1817899009-3090463667-2689442307-1001 on my laptop. Do...
  3. Unknown users are using my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown users are using my Windows PC: Hi,so I was checking my Hard Disk C: for any errors, but then I found this user who I don't know.A couple of weeks ago, my google accounts and microsoft accounts got hacked, I even saw hundreds of emails from people i dont know and the messages it self says that it's a...
  4. Unknown users are using my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown users are using my Windows PC: Hi,so I was checking my Hard Disk C: for any errors, but then I found this user who I don't know.A couple of weeks ago, my google accounts and microsoft accounts got hacked, I even saw hundreds of emails from people i dont know and the messages it self says that it's a...
  5. Unknown threat found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown threat found: Hi everyone. I would very much appreciate it if you can help me. I use Bitdefender free edition as my antivirus and it has found a strange file on my pc and I cannot find anything about it on google. It’s name is pylaspcclife.exe and it’s path is C:\Windows...
  6. Unknown user

Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  7. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  8. Unknown user ''Rob'' in This PC > Main (C:) > Users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown user ''Rob'' in This PC > Main (C:) > Users: [ATTACH] Hello, i have this unknown user called ''Rob'' in my users tab. Is this malware/hacker/virus and should I be concerned? If so how do i remove this user?...
  9. Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?

Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?: I'm the only one who uses my PC with Windows 10. I noticed one day I had 3 user accounts. One named; "defaultuser0", one named; "Public", and one named; "Mike" I never set-up a 'Guest User' account so why did my computer show two accounts other than the one named "Mike" that...
  10. Unknown User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404