Windows 10: I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...

Discus and support I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure what to do. We first added him as an Other user and it did thte same thing. We thought that adding him as a family member and giving him... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Neuromancerrr, Dec 8, 2019.

1. I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...

Not sure what to do. We first added him as an Other user and it did thte same thing.

We thought that adding him as a family member and giving him admin rights would fix the issue but it shte same thing.

He logs in and then the start menu doesnt work and he cant do anything like connect to the internet. The search bar isnt even there at the botton next to the start menu.

What else can we try??

should I just wipe the computer from My account and try again?

I am on my own new pc now and have the same windows account that we used on my old computer. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but figured I would add that.

Also opening command prompt and typing ms-system doesnt come up with anything.

His account said "pending" But he accepted the link on his phone and I got a notification and it doesnt say that any more on his account.

I didnit have to accept a link or anything and cant find anything like that on my microsoft account.

It lists his name on the " family section " of my microsoft account.

submitted by /u/Neuromancerrr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Neuromancerrr, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, if you are using a Local account on the computer and if it’s the only account, it will be an admin account. To check if the account is an admin account, please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    3. You will find all the user accounts on the computer and if you see Administrator beside your account, the account is an admin account.

If you want to change the name of the user account that you are using, you need to create a new user account on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    . Once you create a new user account, follow the steps from the section
    Copy files to the new user profile in the article
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    to move the data from the old account to the new account.

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7. However, holds good for Windows 10.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

After clicking "OK" I was hit with "To continue, enter an admin username and password".

Lil_Cheeto, Dec 8, 2019
  4. eb3454 Win User

I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...

Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded

Hello, I changed the name on the admin account (only me using the Windows 10 Home laptop) and noticed the home directory did not get renamed. So I attempted to create a new account and give it admin rights and change the old account to regular user. When I tried to login as new user with admin rights, Windows gave the error message "User profile cannot be loaded". So I am stuck: I cannot login as admin and old account is regular user who cannot escalate to admin (box pops up and accepts admin password but then does nothing). How can I fix this?

TIA
    EB

eb3454, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...

1. I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin... - Similar Threads - Gave friend old

2. Someone gave my friend this code to run in Windows + R

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone gave my friend this code to run in Windows + R: A batchmate gave my friend this code ping knotorious.co.in -t to run in her laptop with Windows + R and now her laptop is showing this. Please Refer to this picture. Is this connecting to a server. If so please let me know how to turn it off. If not, please explain what is...
  3. Someone gave my friend this code to run in Windows + R

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone gave my friend this code to run in Windows + R: A batchmate gave my friend this code ping knotorious.co.in -t to run in her laptop with Windows + R and now her laptop is showing this. Please Refer to this picture. Is this connecting to a server. If so please let me know how to turn it off. If not, please explain what is...
  4. some one hacke my facebook account i send his email please all friends tell him

some one hacke my facebook account i send his email please all friends tell him: dear all friends some one hacke my facebook account that i use from since 15 year now i have hacker email adress which *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i send request 100 time but not reply thise is very cheater and force people help me and say this hacker...
  5. My friend got a bug "DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". How can I help him?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend got a bug "DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". How can I help him?: Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-friend-got-a-bug-drivepowerstatefailure-how-can/1db457cd-572b-4a09-8363-336855e0ff67
  6. My friend got a bug "DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". How can I help him?

My friend got a bug "DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". How can I help him?: Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-friend-got-a-bug-drivepowerstatefailure-how-can/1db457cd-572b-4a09-8363-336855e0ff67
  7. How does my kid play the copy of dungeions i bought him on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does my kid play the copy of dungeions i bought him on my account: I have a family group. My kid is a middle schooler and I don't have him buy anything, I buy everything and then just put it on his computer or dl/install. Like i did with the original minecraft several years ago. I bought dungeons through the MS store expecting it to behave...
  8. I created a child microsoft account and Windows gave it Admin priviliges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I created a child microsoft account and Windows gave it Admin priviliges: I created a new Microsoft account for a child aged 14. This account was to be used on a new Windows 10 S powered laptop for homework. When I setup this brand new laptop for homework I used the Microsoft email address I created for my child which I had already added to my...
  9. I'm worried I just gave my friend a PC that wont last long.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm worried I just gave my friend a PC that wont last long.: There has been a PC that my brother has been using for 5 years. He just got a new PC recently. My PC wasnt working so my brother said I could use his until we fixed mine. I thought his old PC was pretty good it ran all my games fine. My brother kindly said that once I fixed...
  10. Buddy wiped an old laptop I gave him and now he can’t login or do anything besides just sit...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buddy wiped an old laptop I gave him and now he can’t login or do anything besides just sit...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CplLyfeSux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvamf9/buddy_wiped_an_old_laptop_i_gave_him_and_now_he/