Windows 10: I gave up: Dual monitor,4K + FHD, one of them is blurry no matter what

Discus and support I gave up: Dual monitor,4K + FHD, one of them is blurry no matter what in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I really hope I'll find a solution - I've searched the web pretty thoroughly. Couldn't find any solution. Problem: Most apps look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by GbeTech, Jun 29, 2017.

1. GbeTech Win User

I gave up: Dual monitor,4K + FHD, one of them is blurry no matter what

Hi everyone. I really hope I'll find a solution - I've searched the web pretty thoroughly. Couldn't find any solution.

Problem: Most apps look blurry on the FHD monitor. Every solution brings a new problem to the picture.

I've tried every combination I could think of, of:
    - XPE DPI Fix
    - Changing the DPI settings for each monitor individually
    - Tweaking the "override dpi" setting under "compatibility" for each app individually
    - Lowering the 4K monitor's resolution to FHD.

Findings:
    Without XPE DPI Fix, having the 4K and FHD monitors to 200% and 100% scaling respectively, and tweaking the override dpi under compatability, results in each app behaving perfectly on the 4K monitor, and most of them behaving blurry on the secondary FHD one.

With XPE DPI Fix on, nothing is blurry but it forces a universal scaling to both monitors, so I end up with either the FHD having gigantic items or the 4K having miniature ones.

There has to be a solution. Any tips are welcome!

Thanks a lot,
    Gilad

:)

GbeTech, Jun 29, 2017

2. Blurry text on Chrome and Firefox browser (DPI Scaling) on Windows 10

Hi Sahil Bali,

The problem lies deep in System level.

Windows 10 does not support well on 4k displays.

I set and tried recommended resolution and scaling at both my laptop and monitor.

If I set my monitor as "Primary display" which is 1920x1080 i.e FHD, Everything is perfect.

If I disconnected my monitor and use my laptop alone, many programs are blurry. (like device manager, event viewer etc etc)

If I connect my monitor as "Second display", now more programs look blurry (Chrome, Firefox, Word, Excel etc etc).

Now, I am pretty sure that Windows 10 is buggy and it does not understand the difference between resolution and scaling factors of displays that are attached together.

Either you get both of your displays blurry or one is. It is certain that both displays can't work well (Especially UHD and FHD).

ChandraPrabu, Jun 29, 2017
  3. SURFACE BOOK 4 PRO EXTERNAL SCREEN ISSUES

1920x1080 is the HD resolution. So, I am unsure what you mean by, " . . . if I plug two screens into the Docking Station I get one at 1920 and one at 1080 . . ." -- is that a mistake in explanation?

I think what you mean is if you plug in one 4K monitor and one HD capable monitor, both of them display at HD? Or are you plugging in two 4K monitors and getting the dual HD resolution?

Shenan Stanley, Jun 29, 2017
  4. GbeTech Win User

Sorry, probably hasn't made it clear - I'm assuming there's something that I haven't tried.

GbeTech, Jun 29, 2017
Thema:

1. I gave up: Dual monitor,4K + FHD, one of them is blurry no matter what - Similar Threads - gave Dual monitor

2. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  3. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  4. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dual Monitor 4k @ 150 scaling + 2k @ 100% - Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor 4k @ 150 scaling + 2k @ 100% - Blurry Text: I am currently running 2 monitors in windows, one 2k, and one 4k. At the moment the only way I am able to get clear crisp text and icons is to run the 4k at 100% scaling. I am wanting to run the 4k @ 150% OR at 2k but It makes some apps blurry (task manager). I am just...
  6. 1920x1080 is blurry on a 4K monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    1920x1080 is blurry on a 4K monitor: I recently bought a new laptop with a 4K display, which runs Windows 10. I had assumed the display wouldn't be an issue, but it has been in regards to how images show up with 200% zoom on so I can actually read things, so I thought I'd try to change my display resolution to...
  7. FHD as second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    FHD as second monitor: Anyone have this problem that the second monitor display quality dropped but the it's totally fine working as the main monitor? I cannot find any proper solution anywhere around the net but avoiding like changing DPI which doesn't solve the issue. Anyone knows the way around...
  8. i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening

i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening: so i have two monitors,the main one is completely fine,but unfortunately my second one sometimes goes black for a couple of seconds and then opens up again,sometimes i have some sort of blue marks on it that disappear after a while,and sometimes when i move an application my...
  9. 4K Monitor Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    4K Monitor Blurry Text: Sorry Mods this is a dup post that I have in graphics cards. This is where I meant it to be. Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the...
  10. Dual monitors not working no matter what.

Dual monitors not working no matter what.: Today i bought a VGA splitter to hopefully have dual monitors. When i plug both of the monitors into the splitter, my computer recognized the 2 monitors as one. My screen is displaying on both monitors. I have updated my drivers, downgraded my drivers, unplugged the splitter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. primary monitor goes from 4k back to fhd when plugging in an extra full hd monitor