Windows 10: I get a 'bad video card error' when i launch older versions of minecraft

Discus and support I get a 'bad video card error' when i launch older versions of minecraft in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; "minecraft was unable to load because it failed to find a accelerated opengl mode" is what i get when i try and launch older versions of minecraft Be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eeve2espeon, Jun 2, 2020.

1. I get a 'bad video card error' when i launch older versions of minecraft

"minecraft was unable to load because it failed to find a accelerated opengl mode" is what i get when i try and launch older versions of minecraft
    Be it through technic launcher, FTB launcher, etc. but the official minecraft launcher works completely fine??? what do I even do???
    Processor: Intel core i5-2400 @3.10GHz

:)

Eeve2espeon, Jun 2, 2020
  2. RonG4mer Win User

I get an error, "Bad video card drivers" when I launch the Minecraft application.

I just recently upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10. When I tried to open my Minecraft application, it's giving me an error "Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL
    mode.

This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers." i have ati radeon x1950 gt

plz help

RonG4mer, Jun 2, 2020
  3. minecraft won't launch on windows 10

Hello Sanin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• Do you get any error message or code?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you playing Minecraft game downloaded from Windows Store or the desktop version?
    If you are playing the desktop version then I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Right-click on the game setup file and click on ‘properties’.

b. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the
    installation.

c. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs
    compatible with this version of Windows

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

I get a 'bad video card error' when i launch older versions of minecraft

Minecraft: Education Edition will launch November 1

Source: Minecraft: Education Edition will launch November 1 | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

I get a 'bad video card error' when i launch older versions of minecraft

1. I get a 'bad video card error' when i launch older versions of minecraft - Similar Threads - 'bad video card

2. i get this error when booting up minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get this error when booting up minecraft: Minecraft is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001...
  3. How To Fix Minecraft <BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER> When I Run Minecraft IT SAY'S BAD VIDEO CARD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Minecraft <BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER> When I Run Minecraft IT SAY'S BAD VIDEO CARD...: How To Fix Minecraft <BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER> When I Run Minecraft IT SAY'S BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER I USE SOO MANY METHODS. IF ANYBODY KNOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM IT WILL BE ALSO A METHOD i use...
  4. How To Fix Minecraft <BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER> When I Run Minecraft IT SAY'S BAD VIDEO CARD...

How To Fix Minecraft <BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER> When I Run Minecraft IT SAY'S BAD VIDEO CARD...: How To Fix Minecraft <BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER> When I Run Minecraft IT SAY'S BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER I USE SOO MANY METHODS. IF ANYBODY KNOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM IT WILL BE ALSO A METHOD i use...
  5. How To Fix Minecraft <BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVER> When I Run Minecraft IT SAY'S BAD VIDEO CARD...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD when launching Minecraft java version

BSOD when launching Minecraft java version: The error code is Clock Watchdog Timeout.I am getting this error only from launching Minecraft Java, every other app/game seems fine.Reinstalled GPU driver and Java but still getting the same error....
  7. BSOD when launching Minecraft java version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when launching Minecraft java version: The error code is Clock Watchdog Timeout.I am getting this error only from launching Minecraft Java, every other app/game seems fine.Reinstalled GPU driver and Java but still getting the same error....
  8. BSOD when launching Minecraft java version

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I bought a minecraft gift card and redeemed it for the old version of minecraft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a minecraft gift card and redeemed it for the old version of minecraft.: So I wanted to play Minecraft with my friends so I redeemed Minecraft on a website that it had said on the back of the gift card I had purchased. So, after doing this I played and I couldn't play with my friends on It getting frustrated my friend explained to me that I had...
  10. Older video cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Older video cards?: I have GTX280 1GB, 8800GTS640MB and an HD4670 1GB ddr3 version, has anyone had these successfully running in win 10? 12045