Windows 10: I get a blue screen when I enable virtualization in my BIOS.

Discus and support I get a blue screen when I enable virtualization in my BIOS. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was gonna go and enable Viritualization on my own computer Not a VM and after I'd try to boot I get a bsod. Please can someone help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Varrions, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Varrions Win User

I get a blue screen when I enable virtualization in my BIOS.

I was gonna go and enable Viritualization on my own computer Not a VM and after I'd try to boot I get a bsod. Please can someone help me

:)

Varrions, Nov 2, 2020

2. Blue Screen error after I enable Virtualization in BIOS

Hi All,

I am using Dell laptop Latitude E5470 Windows 10 OS.(Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise)

I am in plan of creating virtual machines using Oracle Virtual Manager tool which is installed in my laptop.

While creating VM observed that i am unable to find 64bit option and only i can see 32bit option while creating virtual machine. On research got to know that this is due to Virtualization is disabled.

I tried enabling the Virtualization in BIOS and rebooted laptop but by doing so i came across blue screen error and was unable to start my laptop until i disable it in BIOS settings.

I want virtualization to be enabled so that i can create virtual machine 64bit.

Can anyone help me out to get the permanent solution?

Thanking in Advance.

ShrikantBM, Nov 2, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Enable virtualization in bios :/

Hi Mike,
    Your MB is using an Acer modified Phoenix BIOS. On the first screen when entering BIOS, select Frequency/Voltage Control then on the next screen select CPU Feature. You should get a screen (2nd screen) as shown below:

NOTE: If you don't have this option then it means your MB/CPU does not support virtualization. If you do then that's all you need to enable for VmWare, you don't need to add Hyper-V feature using VmWare.

I get a blue screen when I enable virtualization in my BIOS. [​IMG]

I get a blue screen when I enable virtualization in my BIOS. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 2, 2020
  4. I get a blue screen when I enable virtualization in my BIOS.

Blue Screen error after I enable Virtualization in BIOS

Hi,

We appreciate the details provided in your post. There are cases wherein some settings on your virtual machines needs to be tweaked and at most cases, like what you've performed modify your hardware settings such as your
    BIOS. We also noticed that what you're using for your computer is a
    Windows 10 Enterprise thus, we would like to know more information to get you to the correct troubleshooting or the right channel to properly address your concern:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you experiencing issues with your Windows without using your virtual machine?
    • Have you made any hardware changes to your computer aside from installing your virtual machine?
    • Are you getting errors when using other desktop apps or modern apps on your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode for us to isolate
    the issue and see if there would be a need in reverting back the changes you've made on your
    BIOS.

Please don't hesitate to get back to us so we can assist you further.

Janeane Cru, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

I get a blue screen when I enable virtualization in my BIOS.

1. I get a blue screen when I enable virtualization in my BIOS. - Similar Threads - blue screen enable

2. Virtualization is enabled in BIOS but appear to be disabled when I check in taskmanager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization is enabled in BIOS but appear to be disabled when I check in taskmanager: Hello guys I have enabled vtx in BIOS but it appear to be disabled in taskamanger under CPU. I have tried to disabled it and re-enable it and that still dont work. Well it actually appeared to be enabled for a short time and then went disabled again. I need it to be enabled...
  3. Virtualization is enabled in BIOS but appear to be disabled when I check in taskmanager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization is enabled in BIOS but appear to be disabled when I check in taskmanager: Hello guys I have enabled vtx in BIOS but it appear to be disabled in taskamanger under CPU. I have tried to disabled it and re-enable it and that still dont work. Well it actually appeared to be enabled for a short time and then went disabled again. I need it to be enabled...
  4. Virtualization is enabled in BIOS but appear to be disabled when I check in taskmanager

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Blue Screen after enabling virtualization in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Blue Screen after enabling virtualization in BIOS: I have been trying to install wsl 2 Ubuntu, which I need to run Docker Desktop. The problem is that I need to enable virtualization in BIOS to install wsl 2 Ubuntu. When I enable Virtualization in BIOS, I get a Windows Blue Screen. Please help....
  6. Windows Blue Screen after enabling virtualization in BIOS

Windows Blue Screen after enabling virtualization in BIOS: I have been trying to install wsl 2 Ubuntu, which I need to run Docker Desktop. The problem is that I need to enable virtualization in BIOS to install wsl 2 Ubuntu. When I enable Virtualization in BIOS, I get a Windows Blue Screen. Please help....
  7. Blue screen after enable virtualization

Blue screen after enable virtualization: HeeyI need to enable virtualization to use wsl on windows, but every time I activate it, windows doesn't even start or when it starts it freezes and i get a blue screen. My motherboard is a gigabyte b450 aorus elite v2, ryzen 5 3600x processor. Bios version is the latests...
  8. Blue screen after enable virtualization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after enable virtualization: HeeyI need to enable virtualization to use wsl on windows, but every time I activate it, windows doesn't even start or when it starts it freezes and i get a blue screen. My motherboard is a gigabyte b450 aorus elite v2, ryzen 5 3600x processor. Bios version is the latests...
  9. Enable virtualization in bios :/

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enable virtualization in bios :/: Used this tool, Download Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center No go VMware said the same thing boo-hoo anyone have instruction to enable in bios ? Spec's are added, Cheers. 2935
  10. I need to enable VIRTUALIZATION setting in my bios please

in Windows 10 Support
    I need to enable VIRTUALIZATION setting in my bios please: Please, could someone help me, as Kaspersky alerts me to a warning that I need to enable virtualization. They say:- Protection against screenshots is disabled. I am not great on the technical front, and I am told I need to get into my bios to enable this setting so that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when night light

2. my laptop goes to blue screen more frequently when i enable virtualization

3. windows 10 bsod with virtualization

4. blue screen after enabling virtualization