Windows 10: I get a large white X pop up when I vew a story with pictures.

Discus and support I get a large white X pop up when I vew a story with pictures. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I mostly experienced this on links from MSN home page. The links always have a story with pictures. I see the picture then a big white X pops up. It is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rodinaz, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Rodinaz Win User

I get a large white X pop up when I vew a story with pictures.

I mostly experienced this on links from MSN home page. The links always have a story with pictures. I see the picture then a big white X pops up. It is brief but I managed to catch it with print screen. This is on windows 10 and I have malware bytes c cleaner and windows security. I do not have a problem that I am aware of but seeing this big X makes me think otherwise. Any ideas?

H I get a large white X pop up when I vew a story with pictures. 337a73a8-df52-4656-9201-a552d20ad2be?upload=true.png ere is the X I captured

:)

Rodinaz, Dec 13, 2018
  2. MithunLal Win User

White x beside wifi network!

Hi Karl,

The white x on top of Wireless symbol might mean that, there is a password change or some setting change to the wireless network.

To resolve this white x mark, follow the below steps to "Forget the network" and re-connect to the wireless network.

1. Select the wireless network icon > Wireless & Network settings

2. From the list in the left, select "Wi-Fi"

3. Select "Manage known networks"

4. Search and select the network that is causing issue > Select "Forget"

5. Now, select the wireless icon again and re-connect to the network.

Note: After Step 4, you won't find the x mark on top of the specific wireless network.

Voilaa

~Mithun

MithunLal, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 13, 2018
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. I get a large white X pop up when I vew a story with pictures. - Similar Threads - large white pop

2. Pop-up information when hovering over pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up information when hovering over pictures: Is there a way to choose what information shows when I hover over pictures? I don't need to see "Date Taken" or "Availability Status" but I do need to know "Dimensions." It seems different picture folders display different information....
  3. Pop-up information when hovering over pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up information when hovering over pictures: Is there a way to choose what information shows when I hover over pictures? I don't need to see "Date Taken" or "Availability Status" but I do need to know "Dimensions." It seems different picture folders display different information....
  4. How do I get Pictures 'large icon' view to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Pictures 'large icon' view to work?: I select 'Windows PC' -> I select 'Pictures' -> I select a folder -> in 'View' I select 'Large icons'My icons do not show up! I have no idea what each picture is until I click each one individually. How do I resolve this?...
  5. How do I get Pictures 'large icon' view to work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get Pictures 'large icon' view to work?: I select 'Windows PC' -> I select 'Pictures' -> I select a folder -> in 'View' I select 'Large icons'My icons do not show up! I have no idea what each picture is until I click each one individually. How do I resolve this?...
  6. White pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White pop-up: This box randomly pops up on my screen from time to time, it hasn't showed up for a few months and now it's back, I don't know why it keeps appearing nor do I know what it is. It started appearing after installing Windows 11...
  7. White pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White pop-up: This box randomly pops up on my screen from time to time, it hasn't showed up for a few months and now it's back, I don't know why it keeps appearing nor do I know what it is. It started appearing after installing Windows 11...
  8. Popped up picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popped up picture: Whenever I save a picture, it goes into my picture file. But, a pop-up of my saved pic keeps on pop-up on my screen. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popped-up-picture/1ffcbef7-fa06-433b-a705-ec42d39444de
  9. I can't get rid of pop-ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't get rid of pop-ups: I keep getting pop-ups that say there are viruses and that I should scan my computer, but when I go to virus and threat protection and scan it says there are no viruses. These pop-ups are very annoying and I have no idea how to stop them. Is there any way to stop it?...
  10. When I print an E Mail I get a large 'X' and an image of a printer that print on the first...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I print an E Mail I get a large 'X' and an image of a printer that print on the first...: When I print an E mail I get[ a large X and an image of a printer on the top of the page. How do I stop this non wanted stuff from printing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-print-an-e-mail-i-get-a-large-x-and-an/e4e8e54b-62bb-442c-9085-10dc8f50ae77

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white x pop up