Windows 10: I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

Discus and support I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by isobel_032, Nov 30, 2023.

1. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives it does not work unless I go into files and manually load the files. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you

:)

isobel_032, Nov 30, 2023

2. Run time error 6 overflow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Could you elaborate how are you trying to run app?

Runtime Error 6 indicates that there is a software or hardware problem. Runtime errors can be caused by conflicts between two or more software programs, memory problems, or if your computer has been infected by malicious
    software.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned step and check if it helps.

Step 1: Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. To do this, follow steps from this link
    click here.

Note: I would like to inform you that once you select Normal startup under startup selection all the services and startup items will automatically be enabled. You just need to restart the computer to
    start the computer normally.

Step 2: Turn Windows Security real-time protection on:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.

2. Do one of the following:
      1. In the current version of Windows 10: Under Virus & threat protection settings, select
        Manage settings, and then switch the Real-time protection
        setting to On or Off.
      2. In previous versions of Windows 10: Select Virus & threat protection settings, and then switch the
        Real-time protection setting to on.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Real Time protection couldn't be turned on (error)

Hi,

We would like to know if you're turning on the Real time Protection of Windows Defender. If so, do you have a third-party antivirus software installed? If you're using a third party antivirus, Windows Defender will be turned off to give way to the antivirus
    you want to use. We recommend uninstalling the third party antivirus program if you want to use Windows Defender.

If you're not using a third party antivirus software, kindly answer the questions below for us to better assist you on your concern:

• When did you notice that you're unable to turn on the Real time Protection of Windows Defender?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer before encountering the issue?
    • What is the exact error code and error message that you're getting when turning on the Real time Protection of Windows Defender? We suggest posting a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Nov 30, 2023
  4. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

Computer time is not syncing properly

Hi,

Changing some settings on your computer may resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Select Date and Time.
    • Click Change time zone.
    • Check Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Note: If the issue still persists, we suggest manually changing the time instead.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

1. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer - Similar Threads - 'run time' error

2. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  3. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  4. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives...
  6. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives...
  7. I keep getting the BSOD every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting the BSOD every time I turn on my computer: Every time I turn on my computer it says "Getting windows ready, Don't turn off your computer." But the updating process abruptly stops and gets to the BSOD. At the bottom of the screen it says "Stop code: System service exception" As far as I know after the BSOD the computer...
  8. I keep getting the BSOD every time I turn on my computer

I keep getting the BSOD every time I turn on my computer: Every time I turn on my computer it says "Getting windows ready, Don't turn off your computer." But the updating process abruptly stops and gets to the BSOD. At the bottom of the screen it says "Stop code: System service exception" As far as I know after the BSOD the computer...
  9. I keep getting the BSOD every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer: I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I missing something? Is my ssd bad? Do I have to reset windows? I have a samsung Evo ssd if that matters submitted by /u/Oceirot...