Windows 10: I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from...

Discus and support I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to download 622 GB of files from my OneDrive and send it into my new WD hard drive that I just bought. The system keeps giving me an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nyah_0, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Nyah_0 Win User

I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from...

I'm trying to download 622 GB of files from my OneDrive and send it into my new WD hard drive that I just bought. The system keeps giving me an error that the C drive does not have enough space, although I'm not trying to move the files to my C drive. I unlinked my OneDrive so many times and turned off On Demand. I can see all my files on the OneDrive website, but not on my Explorer too. What's happening? Do the files have to go through the C drive before going to the external one?

:)

Nyah_0, Sep 13, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CI get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from... :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 13, 2020
  4. I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from...

C: drive gradually losing space while computer is not being used

Perform the steps to cleanup some space in C Drive as it is occupied by mostly temp files, logs and Update files.

1. Select the Start button, type disk cleanup, then select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
    2. Select the check box next to the type of files you want to delete. (To view a description of each type of file, select the name.) By default, Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Thumbnails are selected.
    3. To free up even more space, select Clean up system files, and then select the type of system files you want to delete
    4. After you’ve selected the types of files you want to delete, select OK, and then select Delete files in the confirmation window to start the cleanup.

Also move the files from Desktop, Documents and Downloads to some other Drive as these files will reflect in C drive. So I will recommend you to move these files to some other Drives than C.

Thank You.

Sanghati Barman, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from...

1. I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from... - Similar Threads - enough space error

2. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  3. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  4. Not enough space on C: drive for Office 365

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not enough space on C: drive for Office 365: About 2 years ago I bought a PC with a 4Tb hard drive. I used W10 Disk management to separate the OS C:\ drive from other data drives and also set up A:\ drive for apps and programs. W10 appeared to be taking up about 32Gb so I set the C: drive at 120Gb. Disk Management...
  5. When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...: I was moving my game files to the D drive, since I have more space there. But when I pasted them on the new location, The same files reappeared on the old destination. Does anyone know how to not make them reappear again?...
  6. I'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive.: I've tried uninstalling all programs/applications, disk cleanup, deleting files directly from C drive, cant get enough space cleared. Any tips/tricks? This is my son's computer, and he bogged it down with a bunch of games/apps. Thanks in advance!...
  7. not enough disk space c drive missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not enough disk space c drive missing: not enough disk space when i try to reinstall windows 10 tried to download tool and c drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-disk-space-c-drive-missing/26f11500-ed4f-43d9-8c87-1b5320dbae27
  8. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

"Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  9. Move free space from D drive to C Drive

Move free space from D drive to C Drive: Hi, I am receiving messages saying my storage is full. Disk manager shows no free space on C drive, but 913GB free on D drive, how can I reallocate free space from D to C? Thanks...
  10. Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error

Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error: I have a 237 GB SSD (C: Drive) and 909 GB HDD (D: Drive). I only have 27.8 GB left on my C: Drive, but all 909 GB left on my D: Drive. So my C: Drive is almost full, but when I try to move basic files from my desktop (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) I get an Interrupted Action...