Windows 10: I get a yellow exclamation over my network icon

Discus and support I get a yellow exclamation over my network icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So ive had this issue for quite some time and its really been a frustrating few months and nothing is working. What will happen if my laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tyrad, Mar 21, 2020.

1. tyrad Win User

I get a yellow exclamation over my network icon

So ive had this issue for quite some time and its really been a frustrating few months and nothing is working. What will happen if my laptop with windows 10 on it will very frequently decide to stop using internet. At this point it shows a yellow icon over my Wifi icon. Ive looked up this issue many many times and ive tried just rebooting the computer. Which then will allow internet to work for like 10-20 minutes then the same thing happens. Ive also tried uninstalling my wifi driver in the device manager and that will yield the same result as rebooting my computer. At this point i dont know what to do and am very overwhelmed with it.

:)

tyrad, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting a yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon in the notification area.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model number of the computer?

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Start Button and in the Windows Search type
      Troubleshooting
    • Open Troubleshooting and select Network and Internet.
    • Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Check if it helps to fix the issue.

Method 2:

I see that you have uninstalled and reinstalled latest wireless network drivers. However if you have not tried installing latest Wireless Network driver from the computer manufacturer website, I suggest you to try the same and
    check if it helps. Also install all the available Windows Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Yellow exclamation mark on wifi

Sir there is no yellow exclamation mark on wifi in device manager. There is yellow exclamation mark on wifi icon on the taskbar.

Priyanshuvats15, Mar 21, 2020
  4. uzielkr Win User

Yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon

Hello, I have Windows 10 pro and I am able to connect to my Router wifi without any issues and have a working internet connection. I am able to browse internet and ping my DNS server, gateway etc, no issues but there is an yellow exclamation mark over the
    wifi internet icon in notification area. When I take my cursor there, popup says Limited connection next to my SSID!! When I click on it, below wifi icon, tag says "no internet". Earlier this yellow mark used to appear when there was no internet access. What
    all troubleshooting I have done:

• Updated the wifi card drivers.
    • Checked for any firewall/security software conflicts.
    • Upgraded the router firmware and also used another router.
    • Changed the DNS from ISP to google to other open dns ip addresses.
    • Deleted and recreated wifi profile.

Please suggest what else I can do and if I am missing something. Thanx

uzielkr, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. I get a yellow exclamation over my network icon - Similar Threads - yellow exclamation network

2. YELLOW EXCLAMATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YELLOW EXCLAMATION: hello.from.yesterday appears a YELLOW EXCLAMATION in win defender. I do not what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-exclamation/85b0ab30-0d84-46af-879c-8e4bd320168a
  3. YELLOW EXCLAMATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YELLOW EXCLAMATION: hello.from.yesterday appears a YELLOW EXCLAMATION in win defender. I do not what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-exclamation/85b0ab30-0d84-46af-879c-8e4bd320168a
  4. Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation: The Windows Defender notification icon has the yellow exclamation mark. But, for the life of me I can't find anything wrong. And, of course, Windows doesn't elaborate. Any ideas, James...
  5. Yellow exclamation point next to all my network adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yellow exclamation point next to all my network adapter drivers: I recently upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10. The upgrade went fine but when I got logged in it wouldn't connect to wifi, not even showing available networks. So I tried to wire in and that didn't work either. I tried downloading the Network adapter driver to...
  6. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon: I have a problem where everytime I close my lid and open again the yellow triangle appears, however as soon as I turn my Wifi off and on again everything is fine. While this is only a mild problem it is generally quite annoying to have to open my lid and not be already...
  7. Yellow exclamation mark on wifi

Yellow exclamation mark on wifi: Hello, From past 2 days i got yellow exclamation mark on wifi (saying no internet access). I have changed wifi dongle. But problem remains same. I tried everything like resetting network adaptor , some command on command prompt, repair windows with iso file, and at last i do...
  8. Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray: I have a user (Windows 10 1803) with updated drivers. This user has a yellow exclamation mark showing on his network icon - stating no internet access - but he does have internet access. Now I have come across this problem on 40 of my 80+ workstations. So it is...
  9. Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray: I have a user (Windows 10 1803) with updated drivers. This user has a yellow exclamation mark showing on his network icon - stating no internet access - but he does have internet access. Now I have come across this problem on 40 of my 80+ workstations. So it is...
  10. Exclamation point icon over "C" drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Exclamation point icon over "C" drive: I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer can see the drive and will boot into "Normal" mode. I have now discovered that, when looking at "This PC," that there is an...