Windows 10: I get an error when I try to clean my DIsk.

Discus and support I get an error when I try to clean my DIsk. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the command prompt when I type clean after selecting my disk, it replies with Diskpart has encountered an error: A device which does not exist has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KajLi1, May 9, 2020.

1. KajLi1 Win User

I get an error when I try to clean my DIsk.

In the command prompt when I type clean after selecting my disk, it replies with Diskpart has encountered an error: A device which does not exist has been specified. See the System Event Log for more information.

Can i clean my disk in another way or how can I fix this error?

:)

KajLi1, May 9, 2020

2. Disk cleanup don't cleans Windows Update Cleanup.

For us to better assist you, we would like to ask a few questions regarding disk clean up.

• Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when cleaning the Windows Update Clean up?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, May 9, 2020
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 9, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. I get an error when I try to clean my DIsk. - Similar Threads - error try clean

2. i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...: hi, i tried to download a game in steam and it all went well and it downloaded successfully and when i open the apllication it shows a error directxruntime error and if i give ok on that is opens u4e prerequisties app which is updating directx and it also results in error...
  3. i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...: hi, i tried to download a game in steam and it all went well and it downloaded successfully and when i open the apllication it shows a error directxruntime error and if i give ok on that is opens u4e prerequisties app which is updating directx and it also results in error...
  4. i get this error and i’ve tried everything and when i try to reset my pc it says “there was...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i get this error and i’ve tried everything and when i try to reset my pc it says “there was...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gleiru [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l54wod/i_get_this_error_and_ive_tried_everything_and/
  5. I am getting an error with my disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am getting an error with my disk: how to fix hard disk not showing automatically in windows 10 and showing up in disk manager telling to format and create a partition each time i boot on Every time I boot I go into disk manager and see it always say me to create mbr or got partition each and every time And...
  6. i was trying to factory reset my pc, and when i try, i get this error. i’ve looked at...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i was trying to factory reset my pc, and when i try, i get this error. i’ve looked at...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bxpherd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9b4k3/i_was_trying_to_factory_reset_my_pc_and_when_i/
  7. I get an error message when I try to access my email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get an error message when I try to access my email: I get an error message when trying gain access to my email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-message-when-i-try-to-access-my/d985c525-e4e6-466b-a9c5-070b1dbf1db2
  8. I get rhis error (0xCOAA0301) when I try to create a system repair disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    I get rhis error (0xCOAA0301) when I try to create a system repair disk: How can I fix this? I get rhis error (0xCOAA0301) when I try to create a system repair disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-rhis-error-0xcoaa0301-when-i-try-to-create-a/3e4bd5b3-f8ce-4a30-8055-2e7ec921ccae
  9. I/O error when trying to clean SDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I/O error when trying to clean SDD: I have been trying to clean install windows 10, after not being able to boot into windows. I have my installation media tool on my usb, and I boot the computer with the tool. However when i try to delete the partitions to install windows 10, I recieve an error. Next I went to...
  10. When I do a Restart I get an Error (non-System disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I do a Restart I get an Error (non-System disk or disk error: I only get this error when I do a restart. The complete error message is Non-System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready. Don't have the capability to open up my computer - is there a way to try to fix this....