Windows 10: I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or...

Discus and support I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I play a video, either through a browser or using a local app, it will play for a few minutes then suddenly the sound is replaced with a clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SpymonSayz, Apr 25, 2021.

1. I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or...

When I play a video, either through a browser or using a local app, it will play for a few minutes then suddenly the sound is replaced with a clicking patter, This is NOT a digital distortion/click and pop that you commonly hear...The video continues playing, and this clicking begins...it is a consistent pattern, and only seems to stop when I close the application.I also noticed that my videos will sometimes slow way down for no reason.I have Windows 10 proVersion 2004OS build 19041.92856 GB RAMDual Core i7-6700 3.40Ghz

:)

SpymonSayz, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

video issues

Hi Greg,

It is possible that the reason why you're experiencing problems playing a video and it does not show the content is due to corrupted or outdated video drivers. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen when using Facebook through a web browser or Facebook app?
    • Since you've mentioned that this happens with Facebook, does this also happen with other applications or if you're using a browser, does this happen also when playing videos in different website?
    • Have you tried using another browser and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried updating your video drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check for the latest update for your video drivers by performing the steps in this article by clicking on this
    link.

If you're accessing Facebook through a web browser, we suggest that you check for updates and try clearing its cache and cookies.

If you're accessing Facebook through the app, try uninstalling then reinstall it and check if the issue still persists.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with playing online videos

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with playing online videos.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Do you face this issue on all the web browsers?
    This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

If you are facing this issue on Internet Explorer 11, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Warning: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 25, 2021
  4. I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or...

KB3149135 and KB3163018 causing Youtube (or other videos) unable to play at full screen mode.

To your questions:

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you using to browse YouTube videos (Edge, Internet Explorer, other
      • All: Chrome, Edge, IE.

• Did you check if similar issue persists on browsing YouTube videos on other browse
      • Yes, happens on all browsers.

• Does the issue occur on playing videos saved in the system drives?
      • No, only online videos on browsers.
    I tried your suggestion twice to uninstall the drivers and reinstalling it again, didnt work.

I also tried installing the update in clean boot, also didnt work.

I am sure it is not a browser issue. Here is my debug:

I went one step further.

Upon installing the 2 updates, I uninstalled security update KB3163018 only, and i was able to play full screen mode again. BUT, problem is Windows keeps forcing me to install KB3163018 every time!!! And when this KB3163018 is installed, my youtube can't
    play full screen mode again. And I have to go programs feature to uninstall this update everyday! Please help address this issue. Thanks!

Gim GuanTan, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or...

1. I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or... - Similar Threads - intermittent issue while

2. Browsers causing my windows to crash while watching videos online.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers causing my windows to crash while watching videos online.: I have recently bought DELL Inspiron 5301 laptop. After few days of usage ive noticed that the windows is crashing while watching videos online or while working on MS Office. However, windows run smoothly when its running using Microsoft Edge before crashing it shows a blue...
  3. I can’t play online video games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can’t play online video games: Hello, About a year ago I got a MSI GF65 Laptop. I been using it and it was great! I resetted the laptop couple of hours ago and then whenever I go to open an online game like Call of Duty/Fortnite/... My game just crashes and says it’s a network problem but my laptop is...
  4. I get an issue when playing video files

I get an issue when playing video files: I don’t know why and when the issue occurred. But now I can't play video files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-issue-when-playing-video-files/fb49a2fb-3357-4326-ab8d-aaaf53a5d2e4
  5. any browser will crash while play online video except YouTube

any browser will crash while play online video except YouTube: HI, there I have a problem when play an online video.I usually use Firefox as my default browser. When I play a video on YouTube, it's normal and the Firefox tab is fine. But when I try play a video in other websites, it can't play and suddenly the Firefox tab will crash....
  6. Issues while playing videos on YouTube

Issues while playing videos on YouTube: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  7. Videos not playing on browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Videos not playing on browsers: SOLVED: I have Windows 10 N that do not include a needed package. Go to settings > apps > Optional features > add a feature > Media feature pack install it, restart, wait for an update, install the update and restart and you should be good to go. Hi there, first of all my...
  8. Videos not playing on browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not playing on browsers: Hi there, first of all my Windows Version number is : 1909 (build 18363.535) Some time ago I updated from windows 7 to 10. Today I completely formatted the PC though. I had some issues with the update (from 7 to 10) that's why I decided to format it and cleanly install...
  9. Issues while playing videos in browser and Cortana closes unexpectedly while setting up

Issues while playing videos in browser and Cortana closes unexpectedly while setting up: I recently purchased a surface pro 6 (1 week old) and I'm running into two major issues. 1) When on Youtube or another site that plays video's, sometimes the video doesn't play properly and starts to stutter as if I'm playing it at 0.25x speed. The only way the issue...
  10. BSOD after a while playing eve online + browser

BSOD after a while playing eve online + browser: Hey guys. I play Eve online with 3 accounts and they are most of the time online in the Background. While that i do different things in browser. Playing eve with 3 instances as the same time is normal for this game, nothing Special. It started a while ago, if i do a lot...