Windows 10: I get an issue when playing video files

Discus and support I get an issue when playing video files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don’t know why and when the issue occurred. But now I can't play video files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Meredith Morabito, Oct 27, 2020.

1. I get an issue when playing video files

I don’t know why and when the issue occurred. But now I can't play video files

:)

Meredith Morabito, Oct 27, 2020

2. Wont play video files

Hello Connor,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Where did you obtain the said editing software?
    • What is the file extension of the videos you were trying to play?
    • What application were you using to play these video files?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 27, 2020
  4. I get an issue when playing video files

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

I get an issue when playing video files

1. I get an issue when playing video files - Similar Threads - issue playing video

2. Computer Crashes When Playing Video Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashes When Playing Video Files: Whenever I select a video file from my computer and try to play it on any media player, my computer crashes and restarts. I've uninstalled the media players and reinstalled them. I've tried the troubleshooter in settings and it says everything is working. My computer is fine...
  3. Get this everytime I play a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get this everytime I play a video: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RileyssDead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wz5wnp/get_this_everytime_i_play_a_video/
  4. Video_TDR_Failure when playing any video file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video_TDR_Failure when playing any video file: When I tried to play an mp4 I got a bluescreen of death. I am presuming that there is something wrong with my GPU. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videotdrfailure-when-playing-any-video-file/bbf6009b-3a6d-4dfa-9be8-8e1d0c3c0973
  5. Issues with video play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with video play: Hello,I have just downloaded this from my telephone a few videos from my phone onto my PC. Unfortunately when I replay these videos the left half of the image is completely blurred. This has never been been the case before. On the phone an Honor I have no problems playing...
  6. Issues with video play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with video play: Hello,I have just downloaded this from my telephone a few videos from my phone onto my PC. Unfortunately when I replay these videos the left half of the image is completely blurred. This has never been been the case before. On the phone an Honor I have no problems playing...
  7. when playing a video I get no sound it says NO SPEECH

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when playing a video I get no sound it says NO SPEECH: when playing a video I get no sound only NO SPEECH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-a-video-i-get-no-sound-it-says-no/9fa41720-c57a-4782-b619-6485441079b3
  8. Windows gets sluggish when video is playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows gets sluggish when video is playing: When I play any video on any player or a browser the video runs perfectly smooth around 10 seconds and then suddenly the video doesn's run so smoothly anymore. At the same time the whole Windows UI gets sluggish. It looks very much like refresh rate drop but I'm not sure if...
  9. video play issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video play issues: First I've never asked a question in a forum... so... I hope I don't mess up too badly. I got a "new to me" hp laptop. It has windows 10 enterprise on it and internet explorer. That's about all. I updated windows. Tried to run a video from a flash drive. No way.. so I...
  10. Image issue when playing videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Image issue when playing videos: Hello, I have been having issues out of nowhere when playing videos on my Laptop, the video image appears to be zoomed in and blurry; the sound is perfectly fine and it doesn't appear to be an issue of zooming in and out within the settings or using the mouse control. This...