Windows 10: I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update

Discus and support I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RohithRam03, Feb 28, 2021.

1. I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update

I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update

I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update fc10f252-d166-4e9e-bec7-d73e6fb77d98?upload=true.png

:)

RohithRam03, Feb 28, 2021
  2. decimus Win User

Start menu icons background edit

I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find the ones with an identical blue background.

I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update [​IMG]

decimus, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Desktop Icon Background Color

Your example is a shortcut for the Camera app, a UWP app managed by the Store. I'm betting that the other blue desktop icons are also for Store apps.

The icon is part of the app, and would be updated whenever the Store automatically updates its apps. Going from transparent background to blue suggests MS have modified the Store app icons in the latest update and messed up its transparency effect. You'll have to wait for the next Store update to see if they correct this.

You cannot uninstall a Store app update to revert to an earlier version, but you can change its shortcut's icon. Right-click on the icon and select Properties, then click the Change icon button. Choose an appropriate icon, there is a camera icon available in the SHELL32.dll that it will offer by default - and that one is transparent .

I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update [​IMG]

4. I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update

1. I get blue backgrounds on the icons even after the 20H2 Update - Similar Threads - blue backgrounds icons

2. The icons are black after updating win 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    The icons are black after updating win 10 20H2: After updating win 10 20H2,some of my taskbar icons have changed to black. Just like these : [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] These icons look so strange. What should I do to make them change to white color back ?...
  3. Tray icons messed up after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tray icons messed up after updating to 20H2: Some time ago I finally updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, however the tray icons got messed up. At first the volume icon disappeared, but I managed to make it appear again turning off an on again "Volume" from "Taskbar settings" > "Select which icons appear on the...
  4. Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.: It is a shame that, Windows, who boasts itself as supreme operating system can't handle updates. I can tell you for sure that Windows 10 is slower than its predecessors. My laptop is a HP Pavilion x360 with i5-8th Gen and a 8GB RAM with 4GB DDR. It is just 2 years old and...
  5. After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent

After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent: [ATTACH] On reboot after 20H2 update, win10 is showing some windows elements as transparent, making them very hard to read. This includes start menu and taskbar and some others things. Note that this is a VM (virtualbox)....
  6. How do I get blue background in the start icons and start windows?

How do I get blue background in the start icons and start windows?: [ATTACH] Till Windows 10 1904 (I think) all the apps had a very nice light blue colour, and helped me organize my start windows by colour. Now everything looks gray and I can't find any option in the color or theme settings. Any of you managed to do it? Old New (to fix)...
  7. Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update: I very frequently get BSOD ever since the 20H2 update error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL I have read about this from others' questions on the forum and tried the solutions provided. I have clean installed my graphics drivers after completely removing them. After re...
  8. Problems with background colors after Windows 10 20H2 update

Problems with background colors after Windows 10 20H2 update: [ATTACH] Hello, After updating to Windows 10 20H2, I noticed that colors are not applied correctly, namely the background color when windows restarts or when we hit CTRL+ALT+DEL. My color settings are:...
  9. Facing Blue Screen after 20H2 update!

Facing Blue Screen after 20H2 update!: Hey today in the morning I was using my laptop which has Win10 ver-20H2 then suddenly I faced a blue screen on which it was written "system thread exception not handled" So please Give me a suggestion that how can I fix this problem, even when my laptop restarted after...
  10. Blue screen after upgrade to 2004 even with 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen after upgrade to 2004 even with 20H2: Hi all, I made near twenty times the 2004 upgrade and, for the 5 last, directly the 20H2 from update process. Each time, despite dism check, sfc check, antivirus desinstallation, old drivers desinstallation, looking on all kind of problem in /Panther, each time, update...