Windows 10: I get bogus "Your version of Windows 10 is out of date" messages.

Discus and support I get bogus "Your version of Windows 10 is out of date" messages. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just did a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit on an AMD system and then did all updates up through version 1903. After that I uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BenevolentDeity, Sep 27, 2019.

1. I get bogus "Your version of Windows 10 is out of date" messages.

Hello,

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit on an AMD system and then did all updates up through version 1903. After that I uninstalled Windows 10 Update Assistant just to get rid of the Windows10Upgrade directory. Everything seems to work perfectly fine except that instead of the lock screen is displaying the typical blurb about the picture that is there it displays the words "Millions of people have installed the latest Windows 10 update..."

When I click on those words and enter my password it takes me to a secure microsoft.com page that says "Your version of Windows 10 is out of date" and provides an "UPDATE NOW" button. When I click that button it provides me with file Windows10Upgrade28088.exe. When I run that file it reinstalls Windows 10 Update Assistant and the Windows10Upgrade directory and thanks me for updating to the latest version of Windows 10. However, I continue to get the same message on the lock screen and indication that Windows 10 is out of date. I've tried doing the standard Windows Update search too but it doesn't indicate that any updates are available.

How do I convince Windows that it already has the latest update?

Thanks,
    Ray

:)

BenevolentDeity, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 27, 2019
  4. I get bogus "Your version of Windows 10 is out of date" messages.

Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

I get bogus "Your version of Windows 10 is out of date" messages.

1. I get bogus "Your version of Windows 10 is out of date" messages. - Similar Threads - bogus version date

2. I keep getting the message "Your Icloud account is out of date".

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep getting the message "Your Icloud account is out of date".: I have spoken to Apple which assured me it is not. I have also spoken to Microsoft 365 as I have office 365, and Microsoft regarding sending and receiving mail. No one can help me. I am not receiving all my emails or able to send them all. I have also spoken to Microsoft...
  3. for outlook keep getting message your settings are out of date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    for outlook keep getting message your settings are out of date: for outlook keep getting message your settings are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-outlook-keep-getting-message-your-settings-are/a9cffd3a-b344-4959-95a7-98b406ce5565
  4. "Your AOL Settings Are Out of Date" Message

"Your AOL Settings Are Out of Date" Message: I keep getting the above message, even though I have reentered my password numerous times and confirmed that the sync settings are correct. Any other suggestions? Thanks...
  5. Message : Your GMail Account Settings Are Out of Date

Message : Your GMail Account Settings Are Out of Date: Since the latest Windows 10 update, I've been getting the message "Your Gmail Account Settings Are Out of Date" whenever I open Gmail. I've tried to fix it according to the instructions given, but I still keep getting the message. Also, I have to log in to Gmail whenever I...
  6. Receiving message, ‘Your email settings are out of date’

Receiving message, ‘Your email settings are out of date’: Every few days I get a message that my account settings are out of date ... and require fixing. I then put in my password and the 'problem' is fixed. Why do I get this message and how can I stop it? ***Modified title from: email account setting***...
  7. I keep getting a spurious error message "Your account settings are out of date."

I keep getting a spurious error message "Your account settings are out of date.": This is in Windows 10, both before and after the latest round of updates. I have looked at every account setting I could find, and nothing is out of date. I have changed a few settings, then changed them back but that didn't help....
  8. Your version of Windows 10 is out of date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your version of Windows 10 is out of date: I just started getting this message about a month ago Your version of Windows 10 is out of date I now can't update windows 10 How do I get rid of problem...
  9. Keep on getting error message "your 'mail' account settings are out of date"

Keep on getting error message "your 'mail' account settings are out of date": Hi, I've been trying to add my work email account on my desktop but kept on getting error message "your 'mail' account settings are out of date". I even tried many times 'updating' the password when prompted (Attention required: Pls. update the password for this account)....
  10. Your Device Is At Risk Because It’s Out Of Date Message In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Your Device Is At Risk Because It’s Out Of Date Message In Windows 10: Just an FYI.. I received this on two machines yesterday evening. MS should word it better, or something. In a nutshell it just means Windows hasn't auto checked/installed the latest updates yet. I manually checked, and everything went well, and all was fine after. Your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep getting bogus windows

2. keep getting your version of windows is out of date