Windows 10: I get BSOD every few minutes but not when i play games or safe mode

Discus and support I get BSOD every few minutes but not when i play games or safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have this problem getting BSOD in few minutes i enter my windows but when i play some games the PC can run for hours and i dont get it till I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaHiR, May 6, 2019.

1. MaHiR Win User

I get BSOD every few minutes but not when i play games or safe mode

Hi, I have this problem getting BSOD in few minutes i enter my windows but when i play some games the PC can run for hours and i dont get it till I leave the game. I also dont get it when im in safe mode. I tryed a fresh windows installation and i got constant bsods durning the installation and somehow managed it after many retries ( like 40). I hope you can help me with it.

:)

MaHiR, May 6, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2019
  3. Every few minutes BSOD on Windows 7 !

yeah safe mode working without BSOD. Just normal mode is crashing with BSOD always after 4-5 minutes.;//I dont have much time to make some things because of that fast BSODS.

litwicki24, May 6, 2019
  4. I get BSOD every few minutes but not when i play games or safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2019
Thema:

I get BSOD every few minutes but not when i play games or safe mode

1. I get BSOD every few minutes but not when i play games or safe mode - Similar Threads - BSOD every few

2. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  3. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  4. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes: This started 4 days ago, my windows freezes a lot when opening a program. When i try to play something the game starts but keeps freezing and coming back, and randomly freezes for about 20 seconds and then crashes. The games i tested this on are CS:GO keeps freezing and...
  5. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes: This started 4 days ago, my windows freezes a lot when opening a program. When i try to play something the game starts but keeps freezing and coming back, and randomly freezes for about 20 seconds and then crashes. The games i tested this on are CS:GO keeps freezing and...
  6. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  8. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  9. Getting BSOD every 30 minutes, especially when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD every 30 minutes, especially when playing certain games: Hi, I'm new to the forum and not tech-savvy at all. I can't figure out why I continue to get BSOD's throughout the day for the past few weeks. This problem occurs most often when I'm playing the game Valorant. The issue is that the reason for the BSOD is different almost...
  10. I Get Bsod when i play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Get Bsod when i play games: so recently i cannot say what caused it but about 2 days ago i was playing apex legends Via steam and my game froze all of a sudden and gave me a bsod. so i restarted my pc ignored it thought it was just a glitch but then 2 hours later i had another bsod while playing...