Windows 10: I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM

Discus and support I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there!As a last effort, I'm posting this issue here, because I've done all the suggested troubleshooting options I've found on the internet. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kris Vas, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Kris Vas Win User

I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM

Hi there!As a last effort, I'm posting this issue here, because I've done all the suggested troubleshooting options I've found on the internet. I use Windows 10 and run a VirtualBox virtual guest Debian Linux and there are 2 usb hard drives connected to the guest OS through the host. As far as I know the problem begin when I added another USB NVME to my computer, that was when it freeze and had to restart. After that even my computer is acting weird. When I try to restart the computer, leaving the usb drives connected, virtual machines off, the restart takes about 5 minutes and before the ma

:)

Kris Vas, Nov 23, 2023

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

Hello, i have been get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) bluescreens in this last 3 days. I cant get it fixed. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Here is the last dmp file

Dropbox - 100122-11437-01.zip - Simplify your life

Hélder Carloto, Nov 23, 2023
  3. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 23, 2023
  4. GC1949 Win User

I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM

VirtualBox VM activation of Preview build 17763.104

I had issues with my Linux Mint 18.3 host using a VirtualBox VM of Windows 10 pro preview build, so I followed the procedure to "export" The Windows 10 VM and also saved the original VM intact in a separate folder on my data drive. After a clean install
    of Linux Mint 19 and installing the latest version of VirtualBox available in the repos I then imported the VM of Windows 10 that I had previously exported. This went smoothly enough, but the Windows 10 (Build 17763.104) now says it is not activated - whereas
    it has previously been activated for years through successive preview builds and even different versions of Linux Mint and VirtualBox versions (I don't recall ever having to activate it). I thought maybe the "export" of the VM was the issue, so copied back
    the ORIGINAL and UNCHANGED Windows 10 VM folder and opened that in VirtualBox. Now even that original Windows 10 Pro Preview build is no longer activated despite NO CHANGES to the VM itself from the previous hour before I reinstalled Linux Mint and VirtualBox.

How do I activate this? I have never had to before and have used this VM for years with every Insider preview update sent out.

GC1949, Nov 23, 2023
Thema:

1. I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error USB

2. I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM: Hi there!As a last effort, I'm posting this issue here, because I've done all the suggested troubleshooting options I've found on the internet. I use Windows 10 and run a VirtualBox virtual guest Debian Linux and there are 2 usb hard drives connected to the guest OS through...
  3. I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error when USB hard drive is connected to VirtualBox VM: Hi there!As a last effort, I'm posting this issue here, because I've done all the suggested troubleshooting options I've found on the internet. I use Windows 10 and run a VirtualBox virtual guest Debian Linux and there are 2 usb hard drives connected to the guest OS through...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error: Hi, i got this error while playing some games and sometimes when idle dumpfiles : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fxept791zucaz2/052423-11218-01.dmp?dl=0Spec : System Model: X550VXKProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 8 CPUsCard name: IntelR HD Graphics 630Card name:...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error: Hi, i got this error while playing some games and sometimes when idle dumpfiles : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fxept791zucaz2/052423-11218-01.dmp?dl=0Spec : System Model: X550VXKProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 8 CPUsCard name: IntelR HD Graphics 630Card name:...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: I would love to know what was the source of the BSOD that showed up recently. I just built my PC and I'm kind of worried that it can get damaged. MEMORY.DMP here is the DMP file It did not happen before, it happened just right now while I was playing League of Legends I...
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hello I been dealing with this problem for a couple of months now and need guidance on how to remedy this. I hope to hear from you soon and thank you in advance. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  8. BSoD Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

BSoD Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hi guys, I have been using my PC for past 4 years and recently every time I shut down my PC, it take 5+ minutes to do so. However booting hardly takes any time Approx. 1 min but If I am hibernating or restating my PC, I always get BSoD with Stop Code - DRIVER POWER STATE...
  9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hi guys, wondering if you could help me diagnose which this is coming from. I constantly get BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. I think it may have something to do with my NVIDIA driver but after rolling back, uninstalling, using DDU, reinstalling, trying different versions,...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hey everyone, My laptop Dell Precision 5530 blue screened yesterday: Drive Power State Failure. I am trying to figure out what is causing it. The computer was plugged in to a thunderbolt docking station Dell WD15 which had two monitors attached to it. While restarting the...