Windows 10: I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as...

Discus and support I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've used the Windows Creation Tool to create an installation USB drive N, and I ran the following command:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kizzume Fowler, Oct 26, 2021.

1. I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as...

I've used the Windows Creation Tool to create an installation USB drive N, and I ran the following commandI get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update.  I've done the DISM commands as... :DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:N:\It did its thing, then I did:sfc -scannowAnd it found some problems, it said it fixed them, but when I tried doing a Windows Update again, it gave the same error.I'm just at a loss of what to do. I've considered trying to upgrade to Windows 11, and hope that would take care of the issue during the upgrade, but I'm pretty hesitant in losing both functionality and efficiency.Perhaps I should be happy that I can't get Windows Updat

:)

Kizzume Fowler, Oct 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update.  I've done the DISM commands as... :)

4. I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as...

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as...

1. I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as... - Similar Threads - error 0x800700a1 try

2. How do I fix my Laptop? I've done /sfc scannow and DISM dism /online /cleanup-image...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my Laptop? I've done /sfc scannow and DISM dism /online /cleanup-image...: Hi, my Laptop corrupted and some exe applications are not opening error code 0xc0150002 I've tried the sfc scan and ive tried the DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but it did not detect any issues. I've installed the latest version of runtime and C++ but it has not...
  3. Error 0x800700a1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800700a1: I have a Windows 11 desktop with 2 drives. Primary is SSD and secondary is HD. I created a new folder for the downloads on secondary drive to store any future update downloads. Make it space on SSD drive. I made all Windows updates through last the end of September...
  4. Error 0x800700a1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800700a1: I have a Windows 11 desktop with 2 drives. Primary is SSD and secondary is HD. I created a new folder for the downloads on secondary drive to store any future update downloads. Make it space on SSD drive. I made all Windows updates through last the end of September...
  5. Fix 0x800700a1 Windows Update Error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x800700a1 Windows Update Error: [ATTACH]Windows Update has always been a great way for Micorosft developed to add new features and fix problems. What if, the update itself is a problem. Well! This is something that’s been happening for a lot of users. They are encountering error 0x800700a1 when trying to...
  6. When running DISM, I get Error 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When running DISM, I get Error 2: Title. I tried fixing some BSOD using DISM but were greeted with error instead. Error 2. submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubqylp/when_running_dism_i_get_error_2/
  7. I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as...: I've used the Windows Creation Tool to create an installation USB drive N, and I ran the following command:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:N:\It did its thing, then I did:sfc -scannowAnd it found some problems, it said it fixed them, but when I tried...
  8. I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I get error 0x800700a1 when I try to use Windows Update. I've done the DISM commands as...: I've used the Windows Creation Tool to create an installation USB drive N, and I ran the following command:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:N:\It did its thing, then I did:sfc -scannowAnd it found some problems, it said it fixed them, but when I tried...
  9. Windows Update: Error 0x800700A1 - 0x20007

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update: Error 0x800700A1 - 0x20007: Dear Microsoft community,I have Windows 10 Pro version 1909; Windows update to a newer version has failed many times.The error I get is:the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation0x800700A1 - 0x20007I have tried to:- run the...
  10. Hi, I've been getting this error whenever I try to update windows. I've been needing to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi, I've been getting this error whenever I try to update windows. I've been needing to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarvinostheGreat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg1rwj/hi_ive_been_getting_this_error_whenever_i_try_to/