Windows 10: I get error code 0x80070057 whenever i try and update or install certain apps

Discus and support I get error code 0x80070057 whenever i try and update or install certain apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cant update or install Your Phone tips or Cortana, Cortana is the only one showing up as normal in start other show up at MS-resources and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jonathanstark1, Sep 8, 2020.

1. I get error code 0x80070057 whenever i try and update or install certain apps

I cant update or install Your Phone tips or Cortana, Cortana is the only one showing up as normal in start other show up at MS-resources and only briefly when clicked show what they are

:)

Jonathanstark1, Sep 8, 2020
  2. jackie Win User

Windows Update gives error code 0x80070057

I don't know if this will help but seems like it is pretty common error as once even i got this error in my Windows... This Guide Helped me > Error Code 0x80070057 - Causes and Methods to fix it | Fix Errors

jackie, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Mail App Error 0x80070057

I installed Windows 10 last year and recently installed the update. Every since that time, my Mail App has not worked. I get a sync error with 0x80070057 as the error code. I have tried both solutions listed and neither work. I have a Toshiba Satellite
    C855.

Tried All Solutions Listed Below:

Fix Windows Update corruption errors such as 0x80070002 and 0x80070057

Method 1:

App Trouble Shooter for Windows 10:

Run App Troubleshooter:

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security
    or account settings.

Please find the steps below for App troubleshooter:

• In the search tab type Troubleshooting and hit enter.

• Select System and security.

• Click Windows update troubleshooter and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

AS the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall Windows Mail app and install it again from Windows store.

Follow the below steps;

1) Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2) Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3) Enter the below command to uninstall the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: By running the above commands, Windows Calendar app will also get removed.

4) Download the Mail and Calendar app from Windows store and install it.

Please Help

Kirsten

KirstenLittle, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I get error code 0x80070057 whenever i try and update or install certain apps

error code 0x80070057

Hi Adam,

The error code 0x80070057 might have occurred due to some files or components that are corrupted or missing on the system. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling your Windows DVD player?
    • Have you tried updating your DVD drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking on this

link
    . This will let you diagnose Windows apps issues and provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

I get error code 0x80070057 whenever i try and update or install certain apps

1. I get error code 0x80070057 whenever i try and update or install certain apps - Similar Threads - error code 0x80070057

2. When I try to install Candy Crush Saga I get an error message Code: 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to install Candy Crush Saga I get an error message Code: 0x80070057: When I try to install Candy Crush Saga I get an error message Code: 0x80070057 No problem with installing other apps from Microsoft Store. I followed steps provided by gaming tech support and also tried some fixes on YouTube pretty much same steps as tech support. Other weird...
  3. When I try to install Candy Crush Saga I get an error message Code: 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to install Candy Crush Saga I get an error message Code: 0x80070057: When I try to install Candy Crush Saga I get an error message Code: 0x80070057 No problem with installing other apps from Microsoft Store. I followed steps provided by gaming tech support and also tried some fixes on YouTube pretty much same steps as tech support. Other weird...
  4. Whenever i try to update or install an app on the microsoft store app, i always get the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i try to update or install an app on the microsoft store app, i always get the...: I have looked up how to fix it and none of the methods have worked for me, i havent tried factory resetting my computer but i dont want it to have to come down to that. Microsoft store app has given me trouble in the past but it was always easy or not super confusing to fix....
  5. Whenever i try to update or install an app on the microsoft store app, i always get the...

Whenever i try to update or install an app on the microsoft store app, i always get the...: I have looked up how to fix it and none of the methods have worked for me, i havent tried factory resetting my computer but i dont want it to have to come down to that. Microsoft store app has given me trouble in the past but it was always easy or not super confusing to fix....
  6. I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store: I'm unable to install much if anything on the Microsoft Store, I've been trying to install Gaming Services for a few days now but the install keeps failing, the same happens when I try to install anything else. I've tried repairing the Microsoft store, I've tried resetting...
  7. I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store: I'm unable to install much if anything on the Microsoft Store, I've been trying to install Gaming Services for a few days now but the install keeps failing, the same happens when I try to install anything else. I've tried repairing the Microsoft store, I've tried resetting...
  8. I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store

9. Error Code 0x80070057 on windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code 0x80070057 on windows update: I have problem when I do windows update. It says: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070057" I tried download the windows update...
  10. I Keep Getting Error Code 0x80070057 When I Try and Download The Xbox App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Keep Getting Error Code 0x80070057 When I Try and Download The Xbox App: Why do I keep getting this error? My windows is up to date. I also tried to install Ark (I have it on Xbox Gamepass) and it have me the same code but I downloaded MCC without a problem. What do I need to do? submitted by /u/Knerdy_Knight [link] [comments]...