Windows 10: I get half internet speed on my new PC

Discus and support I get half internet speed on my new PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robertoesquer, Jan 28, 2016.

1. I get half internet speed on my new PC

I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and the modem is really close to my PC
    I use this realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter and i installed the lastest driver.

Please help *Smile

:)

robertoesquer, Jan 28, 2016

2. Anybody Needs Help! WLAN Connectivity Of N95 To A Wired LAN or DSL

my PC is connected with PTCL's 512K internet link... PC is surfing the internet with gr8 speed... bt on N95 speed is slow I get half internet speed on my new PC :(

i want to get the same speed as i m getting on my PC.

hasannaqvi, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Extremely slow speeds on wi-fi (win10)

I'm having a lot of problems with win10 lately... Now my speed connection sucks! I can get more than 3mbps on Wi-Fi.

1- Checked router- OK

2- Internet speed on iPhone: 305mbps

3- Internet speed on iPad: 298mbps

4- Internet speed on PC (hotwire): 395mbps

5- Internet speed on PC (Wi-Fi): 3mbps

First device manager said I had the latest driver for my network adapter - Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 - wrong!!

I found a newer version and reinstalled the hardware with the new driver (8/1/2017) but speed is still slow as my old dial-up.

Any advices out there?

TedFlanders, Jan 28, 2016
  4. I get half internet speed on my new PC

Then the bottleneck would have to do with the Wi-Fi card built in to the computer. What you can do is try updating the driver for it from the manufacturer, but other than that, the hardware you purchased (inside the computer) is what is slowing you down.

DustSailor, Jan 28, 2016
  5. I install the lastest driver for realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter, do i need to get another network adapter to solve it?

robertoesquer, Jan 28, 2016
  6. Try to position your antenna on the same elevation as the router. Test for speed and see if it helps.

theveterans, Jan 28, 2016
  7. You would need one that supports the higher speeds, yes. But before you buy something, make sure this current one doesn't support it... Meaning look up the supported speeds for it, and if it only goes to about what you're getting, then upgrade. But if it says you should be getting 10/100/1000 MB, then it could be something else

DustSailor, Jan 28, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I get half internet speed on my new PC

Right click your wireless icon on the task bar, click open network and sharing center. Click on your wifi connection to open the wifi status window. What speed are you connected at?

I get half internet speed on my new PC [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 28, 2016
  9. kodiak Win User
    I have the same problem over Wi-Fi after upgrading to Win 10 on my laptop. When using Win 7, I had full signal through the house and my connect speed showed at a solid 150 Mbps. Now on Win 10, I only get 4 out 5 signal bars and the connect speed is 72 Mbps. I think this is a Windows issue, as my wireless router settings haven't changed, but my drivers are now MS drivers.

kodiak, Feb 10, 2016
  10. You're right in one way, they ARE MS drivers... Which is why it is so slow.... You need the specific Windows ten driver from your computer or motherboard manufacturers website.... Without which.... It will be slow

DustSailor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I get half internet speed on my new PC

1. I get half internet speed on my new PC - Similar Threads - half internet speed

2. my pc recently started getting low internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc recently started getting low internet speed: Every since monday around 7pm my pc internet started acting up and I can’t figure out the problem even when I do a speed test I get 300mpbs down and 0 upload I used to get 7mbps and earlier today I go from 0-3mbps upload my pc is up to date on everything I tried safe mode and...
  3. The internet is running on cable at half speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The internet is running on cable at half speed: The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same. Don't have max speedHelp...
  4. The internet is running on cable at half speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The internet is running on cable at half speed: The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same. Don't have max speedHelp...
  5. Internet speed becomes half in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed becomes half in Windows 10: I have been using windows 10 form more than a year but after the update 21H1 I am facing an internet speed problem as it runs at 2 MBps but the device shows nearly about 4 - 4.5 MBps. I have used command "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal" and it returned with...
  6. Slow internet speed on a new PC

Slow internet speed on a new PC: Hi! Im having a problem with the internet connection on my Windows 10 brand new PC. The speed should be 150mbps and on speedtest it shows that exact speed on all my devices exepct for the new PC. I tried plugging it with the ethernet cabel, turning off wifi and it still...
  7. Connection speed is half that I get on Ubuntu on the same PC

Connection speed is half that I get on Ubuntu on the same PC: Hi, Here is my issue: until April I had my Windows 8.1 main PC and I could get the best wifi speed from my home connection with my tlwn722n usb adapter i.e. about 6MB/s i.e. about 50 mbps, which is the same speed I get with every other device connected to the same network...
  8. Internet speed drops to half

Internet speed drops to half: Hello, its few months when I have this problem, and my provider said that my speed its not limited. But when I am downloading games (it happend with rockstar, and now with steam too) first 17gb its downloaded with normal speed, but after 17gb, speed drops at half and dont...
  9. Windows 10 half my internet speed i pay for

Windows 10 half my internet speed i pay for: So i'm connected to my 5GHZ wifi, and i usually get 280 down / 12 up. I have test my speed on a laptop from the same distance, and the speed is fine. on my desktop which is wireless i get 150 down / 12up. All my drivers are up to date, and i have been searching all over the...
  10. I get half internet speed on my new PC

I get half internet speed on my new PC: I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and the modem is really close to my PC I use this realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter and i...