Windows 10: I get the error that my BitLocker recovery key is incorrect but it isn't

Discus and support I get the error that my BitLocker recovery key is incorrect but it isn't in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I am trying to get some files off of my laptop's hard drive. This laptop doesn't work correctly anymore but the hard drive is not damaged. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SaranyaTadikonda, Apr 26, 2021.

1. I get the error that my BitLocker recovery key is incorrect but it isn't

Hi,I am trying to get some files off of my laptop's hard drive. This laptop doesn't work correctly anymore but the hard drive is not damaged. I connected this hard drive to a different laptop and I get prompted to unlock it using my BitLocker Recovery Key. I was able to find my recovery key from my Microsoft account and I typed it in correctly but it keeps saying that the recovery key is incorrect. I tried several times and I am sure I entered the recovery key correctly. I'm not sure why it keeps saying that's incorrect.I also can't create a new recovery key because I don't have access to the

:)

SaranyaTadikonda, Apr 26, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hello everybody, I lost my bitlocker recovery key number from my lenovo tablet, during a update of windows bios. I try find in my onedrive windows and isn´t here. How can recovery my tablet?

Jorge H.RIVEROS, Apr 26, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

I get the error that my BitLocker recovery key is incorrect but it isn't

Xylee Del, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

I get the error that my BitLocker recovery key is incorrect but it isn't

1. I get the error that my BitLocker recovery key is incorrect but it isn't - Similar Threads - error BitLocker recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey. I see my bit locker recovery key. However when I put it in, my computer tells me it's incorrect. What might be going on?...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey. I see my bit locker recovery key. However when I put it in, my computer tells me it's incorrect. What might be going on?...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account: Bitlocker encryption has been activated in my Inspiron 15 DELL laptop. When I access my Microsoft account, I can see the correct device name and, when I click in, I can see the Bitlocker recovery key that is supposedly associated to this device. However, next to the recovery...
  6. Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account: Bitlocker encryption has been activated in my Inspiron 15 DELL laptop. When I access my Microsoft account, I can see the correct device name and, when I click in, I can see the Bitlocker recovery key that is supposedly associated to this device. However, next to the recovery...
  7. bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect: Dear sir, recently I used bitlocker code to unlock that folder but now its not working and also recovery key showing incorrect. and I got hint showing key ID EBA58332 and I am also using correct ID. I dont know why this showing incorrect please help me. Identifier:...
  8. Getting my BitLocker Recovery Key

Getting my BitLocker Recovery Key: I was asked for my BitLocker Recovery Key. Unfortunately, the recovery key was never uploaded into my Microsoft Account, and the IT technician who install my Windows did not give the recovery key to me and got it lost. How to obtain my BitLocker Recovery Key when all of...
  9. Incorrect BitLocker recovery

Incorrect BitLocker recovery: Hello! So my Lenovo Thinkpad had a faulty motherboard which I sent off to get it replaced and I have just got it back! All good, but it was asking for BitLocker recovery key- I followed the steps to get it and the key I had was invalid (the Laptop ID was the same but the Key...
  10. Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?: Hi All, OK, so I have a colleague who wanted to borrow a laptop to do some testing which I provided. After 30 odd minutes later he has said that he had to reimage the laptop and the machine was prompted him to enter in a recovery key. I provided him with a BitLocker...