Windows 10: I get this and Word 2016 will not open AppVlsvSubsystems32.dll

Discus and support I get this and Word 2016 will not open AppVlsvSubsystems32.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All I have done so far is try to go into the control panel and click repair but I am not given the option Any and all help will be appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D&JNadeau, Nov 28, 2018.

1. D&JNadeau Win User

I get this and Word 2016 will not open AppVlsvSubsystems32.dll

All I have done so far is try to go into the control panel and click repair but I am not given the option

Any and all help will be appreciated.

:)

D&JNadeau, Nov 28, 2018
  2. SRV
    srv Win User

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

I have the same version.
    If I don't have word pinned to my taskbar then I drop a word doc on the task bar it creates a shortcut to Word on my task bar with a pinned entry for that file - BUT when you click the file is says it doesn't exist then if you right click the file and click open it works just fine - so the problem gets even more strange *Smile

I get this and Word 2016 will not open AppVlsvSubsystems32.dll [​IMG]

but if you right click text.docx and click open it works...

I get this and Word 2016 will not open AppVlsvSubsystems32.dll [​IMG]

and the recent list never appears on the right click menu....

something somewhere is very confused - that includes me at the moment!

3. Aberjona Win User
    Word 2016 -- Word can't open a file

I've got a 95-page file sent out to authors for review. I've made several dozen comments/questions to author to answer. Upon receipt of file back from the author, I try to open and get "We're sorry. We can't open [file] because we found a problem with its
    contents." I click on the Details button and get

"Details

Unspecified error

If I click OK, I get

"Word found unreadable content in [file]. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you trust the source of this document, click Yes."

When I click Yes, the file opens but many (if not most) of the comments I'd made have now disappeared except for a dotted line leading from the now-empty comment "box" to the place within text that my comment referred to. Any changes that the author made
    to the actual text show, but if the author made a reply to one of my comments, it's invisible -- I have no way to tell. Also when I've clicked Yes, there is now a dialog box that says

"Show repairs

Errors were detected in this file, but Word was able to open the file by making the repairs listed below. Save the file to make the repairs permanent."

[and then there's a list like the following:]

Comments 1

Footnotes 1

Footnotes 10

Footnotes 11

Footnotes 12

Footnotes 13

Footnotes 14

If I click on the "Go to" button, nothing happens except the "Close" button is highlighted. "Close" does nothing.

The file in question was apparently originally created in Macintosh Word; I edited it in Word 2016; the review was in Macintosh Word, fwtw. (Oh, and if I try to open this file in Macintosh Word, much the same results occur: comments disappear and are incomplete.)

I never had this problem in Word 2010 but, since going to Word 2016 a few months ago, this problem has cropped up more than once.

Aberjona, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Frank1 Win User

can not open word document

I just upgraded office 2007 to office 2016. On all of my fils that I made with my older version can be opened with 2016. But if I create a new document with Word 2016 and save it, when I try to open it a message pops up telling me that this is valid only with installed products. When I open it, I do have the option to "open with". I can choose 2016 and it opens. When the option "open with" comes up I would think that there would be another choice that says "always" open with but it doesn't. So nest time I have to go through the same steps to open it.This happens only with Word but not Excel. My OS is windows 10.

Frank1, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. I get this and Word 2016 will not open AppVlsvSubsystems32.dll - Similar Threads - Word 2016 open

2. hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons: i can open the files normally and use them, like a docx or xlsx file created and put on desktoponly the icons of these files show up as white boxes.this is a office pc and i recently recieved this systemany help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Why "save as" tab keeps opening on Word 2016?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why "save as" tab keeps opening on Word 2016?: Laptop: ASUS X407MA-BV002T Windows version: Windows 10 The laptop was bought last year I don't have any Add-Ins. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-save-as-tab-keeps-opening-on-word-2016/166577f7-3fa7-4def-be0b-199760e8984e
  4. Outlook & Word 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook & Word 2016: The last week or there abouts when I receive an email message in outlook it seems to play the default sound rather than the one I’ve assigned. The sounds ‘Desktop mail notification’ and ‘New Mail Notification’ were set back to default in control panel – sounds. So, I set them...
  5. Dictate Word 2016.

Dictate Word 2016.: Is there a program called dictate that I can download and use with Word 2016. If so where can I go to download it? Thank you in advance. Mike *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Word 2016

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 2016: I am unable to open home page I have reinstalled the product but I still cannot open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016/1534d006-b45d-41a6-85c6-cb5274dcc1f4"
  7. Opening embedded files in Word 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening embedded files in Word 2016: I receive files created in Word 2013 containing embedded files. When I open the files in Windows 2016 there is no Enable Editing button in the bar at the top of the document. I am therefore unable to open the embedded files. How can I open such embedded files, please?...
  8. Word and Excel Not Opening and D2d1.dll File Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word and Excel Not Opening and D2d1.dll File Issues: I've been having two issues with my laptop for a few days. The first being every time I start up my laptop, I get an error message saying "The code execution cannot proceed because d2d1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may help." I'm not entirely sure what that...
  9. word 2016 dissappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word 2016 dissappeared: I purchased word 2016 in 2016 and used it quite often to create quite a few documents and without notice or any action from me it disappeared along with my documents, how do I get it back?...
  10. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document: Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document [img] [img] I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document. --- The top of the document shows Word...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word not working appvlsvsubsystems32.dll not found

2. word 2016 dll not

3. excel 2016 appvlsvsubsystems32.dll