Windows 10: I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

Discus and support I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the admin for my computer, but it says I need to provide Admin permission??? I hit continue, but nothing happens.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jeffdoty1, Mar 24, 2020.

1. jeffdoty1 Win User

I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

I am the admin for my computer, but it says I need to provide Admin permission??? I hit continue, but nothing happens. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders. be5ba6a0-dab5-4cb2-9c93-7aef5f9220b6?upload=true.png

:)

jeffdoty1, Mar 24, 2020

2. Files/Folders not showing up in Select Folder Dialogue Box through Windows Defender

Hi Naveen,

Perhaps my post was unclear.

I did right click the file and selected 'scan with windows defender'; that brings me to a page with 4 options:-

1. quick scan
    2. full scan
    3. custom scan
    4. windows defender offline scan
    I presume from here I select custom scan as underneath it states 'chose which files and folder you want to check'

When I select that option it brings me to the 'select folder' dialogue box; in this dialogue box all the files from my folders and the files in downloads folder are not visible so I cannot select a file or folder.

Some of my folders are visible but when i select it the files are gone. That is my issue.

Please advise.

belinda502, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 24, 2020
  4. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

1. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders. - Similar Threads - dialogue box try

2. How to get back warning dialogue when deleting a file in use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back warning dialogue when deleting a file in use?: Hello, hope anyone can help. When I delete a file that is in use, it doesn't show this message anymore: "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program"I remember accidentally clicking a checkbox saying something like "Remember my...
  3. How to get back warning dialogue when deleting a file in use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back warning dialogue when deleting a file in use?: Hello, hope anyone can help. When I delete a file that is in use, it doesn't show this message anymore: "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program"I remember accidentally clicking a checkbox saying something like "Remember my...
  4. i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i try to delete a document folder but i get a error: i try to delete a rockstar games document folder but it wont let me i get this error and i try to fix it but i dont know how. can someone please help me with this problem i am already waiting 2 days...
  5. I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that...: I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that folder.... but I can delete sub folders... What is wrong???...
  6. On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box.: After opening, on the desktop, when I select any icon or file I get a confirmation dialogue box to ensure to send the file to recycle bin. on double clicking file opens but the doc file contents get automatically gets deleted letter by letter. I just checked that my delet...
  7. Dialogue Box Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialogue Box Issue: I am trying to download an update for a game on Origin, but no dialogue box is popping up to ask for permission to download the content so Origin can't update the game. How do I fix this?...
  8. How do I stop getting a Which App dialogue box ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop getting a Which App dialogue box ?: [img] Everytime I click on a hyperlink that point to a website I am asked this question in this dialogue box. No matter how many times I select the chrome tick box I still get asked the same question. Help greatly appreciated. Thanks 122074
  9. How do I stop getting a Which App dialogue box ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop getting a Which App dialogue box ?: [img] Everytime I click on a hyperlink that point to a website I am asked this question in this dialogue box. No matter how many times I select the chrome tick box I still get asked the same question. Help greatly appreciated. Thanks 122074
  10. How to get system to show idiot box when I delete a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get system to show idiot box when I delete a file?: In the opposite way of how the system handles me trying to delete an EXE file, now the system just goes ahead and deletes without the standard idiot box asking me if I am sure I want to delete the file. This is quite dangerous as the Delete menu item on the context menu can...